WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

sleep please, brad rocks, and i'm off.....

I really need more than 4 hours sleep a night! I know it helps in healing. I don't know what is going on. If I go to bed at 9.... I am up at 1:00 like this morning! It is weird. I have to take a nap today or I'll collapse.

Brad is such a sweetheart. Tara, too, since I'm sure this was at her prompting. He came over yesterday and got the oil filter off for Lanny so Lanny could change the oil in the can. Brad is so clever..... he slid sandpaper between the wrench and the oil filter to get the filter off! So smart.....I tell ya! Keep him in your prayers.... he is still having trouble with the foot that he broke last summer! I don't think they got him fixed up right!

I got a message from Pam yesterday.... she told me to take the whole week off. She really needs me next week all day long Monday - Saturday.... so she is desperate for me to get healthy! I will certainly work on that! I don't think Mucinex works to clear my sinus' though. Still having trouble with them.

We watched the Sarah Palin interview with Greta Van something or another.... it was so great. Amanda called so excited.....Sarah was making wiener winks! lol! She isn't that different than the rest of us normal people except she makes her wiener winks out of caribou and she is smarter and has a nicer house than most of us. They talked a lot about hunting.... she likes hunting caribou. She said she would kill a moose....but really has no desire to. The whole family eats off it all year....like Karla. Great home and area she lives in. But she can have it. Looks too cold!

Papa goes back to work today. I'm going to miss him. We had a good couple days. I spent time building my old journal site (mostly vacations to South Dakota and Oklahoma....I will put a link on the right if you want to check it out....I'm sure it would be boring to most)..... and I updated the KidStuf site. I told Kurt I would keep it updated for him. Keeps me in the circle somewhat.

Looking so forward to Saturday. About 35 people here for dinner. Ought to be crazy and fun and loud! All my family will be here but s-i-l Don....as usual. But he does get to come Christmas! And Rick, Doug, Lois, me, Libby and David will all be here (or suppose to) so we want to get a picture of all us kids together for mom. She'll like that. Meghan is going to come early Saturday to help me get ready. She's a doll. Andrew has 2 tournament games that day and the next for soccer.... but luckily he is done in time for dinner.

Friday afternoon I am going over to mom's house for Putacrub!!!! I am so excited! I haven't had that in years and years! It is like a big potato dumpling you cut up and put butter on and bacon grease. I'm sure it sounds gross to all you non-Norwegians.... but it is nummy. Of course, Lanny hates it.... but he'll be at work. All us kids love it. I guess it's because it was such a treat for us because mom rarely made it and it was dad's favorite! Then I got to Riley's 6th birthday party! Wow, our girl is growing up so fast!!!!

Well, best finish...might lay down for a bit....ya think????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greta Vansustren!
I was thinking I would love to live there! I thought of you when they showed the weinerwinks!
She seems so down to earth, I think she is going to be back and looking for someone to run under her. She is a smart cookie and I think McCain is wrong in not standing up for her and clearing the air on all the rumors and stories that are untrue. He should be saying something in her defense.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14