Doesn't anyone want to be my follower? It's not that hard.... click on the top right. I expect at least my kids to sign in? And papa! About 30 people a day check out my site. I know about 1/2 of them for sure....I know Tara, Karla, Heather, sometimes Amanda, sometimes Meghan, Karen, Renee, sometimes Marcey, Jeanette, Linda, sometimes Amy, papa, I think Kern and Rita, some family from South Dakota but not sure who, Lois, sometimes Doug or Betty, Hilary, and sometimes Kristen... I wish I knew everyone.... and no one else wants to confess and tell me or leave messages. But I keep writing and hope you get something out of it. Two more people this morning and I'll have over 9,000 hits! wow. Most of those hits were when Papa was in the hospital! jk
Still reading The Shack. Man....it is speaking to my heart so much. One sentence was "Do all roads lead to me? Not at all. Most roads lead to no where. But I will travel any road to find you." And "most of our problem is independence. It started in the garden when we wanted to be independent from God and all evil flows from independence today....and independence is our choice.... God gives us choice. If he were to take that away.... love would have no meaning. Love that is forced is no love at all. It is not the nature of love to force a relationship.... but it is the nature of love to open the way."
I think one of the biggest things that jumped out at me was "Just because God works incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies... doesn't me he orchestrated the tragedies. Don't ever assume that by God using something means he caused it or that he needs it to accomplish his purpose! Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist... but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." Amazing. Deep? yes. Making my brain work? yes. But I am loving it. I am seeing some things different than I thought before. I am seeing God is not this Gandolf type character with a stern look waiting for us to mess up. If that's how you picture him... you have to read this book.
Well.... I could go on forever but I won't. Papa had a good night at walmart last night. It went fast and he didn't feel too bad. So he went to Bangor this morning. Hope his day goes fast and he does ok. The cough is bad.... but I worry about his tiring out. It is exhausting.
My flowers from Andrew and Lauren are still so beautiful! That is why I love carnations! They last!
Karla posted Dylan's essay.... make sure you check it out! I am proud as can be! I love my grandson!
Papa and I are having a quiet thanksgiving. Checked with all the kids and they are busy.... so we'll have something before he goes to work. It will be nice. Then I'll start bringing my Christmas decorations out! Yippee!!!!
Well.... hope you all have a great day today. May you feel God's love all around you today!
What's Ahead:
- Stormy weather returns with wind and rain this afternoon and evening. Highs in the lower 50s with south wind to 25 mph in Seattle, but stronger over the coast and north Sound. Mountain snow kicks up again this evening with up to 6-inches overnight on Snoqualmie Pass, and up to 8" on Stevens.
- We transition back to partly sunny skies Saturday after some lingering morning showers. Highs staying cool, in the upper 40s.
- More sun comes Sunday after some early fog. Highs climb to the mid 50s.
- Clouds increase Monday and Tuesday with a chance of showers.
2 comments:
I read almost every day....I'd say at least 28/30 days a month. :)
I read it every day! I have to know what's happening!
Karen
Post a Comment