Tara got "Grey's freakin' Anatomy" yesterday... the TV clip. Today's makes me laugh. I am wondering if anyone will get it.
I am also feeling better after my rant session last night. Just things I don't understand. Not that I haven't been guilty myself.... but with age comes wisdom and maturity. I hope. Gotta get something for being old!
Kelly... you are maybe too young to remember making gum wrapper chains. Does anyone else remember it?
Speaking of memories.... this was my favorite Christmas present I ever got! I wanted her so bad and adored her! You had to pull her string in the back and she spoke! How cool was that?
Now.... I am wondering how many of you know what this little yellow thing was for?
I loved the metal ice trays.... we used to put koolaid in them and make our own little summer treats. So easy to get out too. If your tray was bent at all the ice would stick together.
No wonder everyone emails... look what stamps used to be! I don't even KNOW what they cost now. I still have some "forever" stamps.
And who can top a coke for only 5 cents?
Now this is politically very uncorrect. Santa pushing cigarettes? What was he thinking?????
We had one of these in our basement. I was always afraid of it. I thought if I touched it... it would suck in my hand and squish it and then the rest of my whole body would be flat like on a cartoon! Hey... maybe not a bad way to get skinny! Except it flattens you out so I would end up 15 feet wide! lol
I remember my parents owned a Brownie camera!!! Big black box!
And you had to attach flashbulbs to take any pictures inside!
Who remembers this on your tv screen... the test pattern? Why did they have an Indian on it? What was that about? They probably couldn't today.
Now I have NEVER seen this before. I now understand where McDonalds got the idea for their play yards. This was a fire escape slide at a school! How cool is that?
Did you know you can still find some old Burma Shave signs when you travel cross country? We've seen them strategically placed along the road. It gets your attention and you wait for the next sign to complete the sentence. I thought it was a great idea. Don't know if people have the patience or attention span to wait to read. Probably just make them drive faster! lol
My dad used Brylcream. A little dab'll do ya!
I have to tell you. This is hideous. And yes.... my mom did one too. One year we had this tree. We didn't care as kids.... it still held presents underneath!
Well... that is my blog for today. Don't have anything else to write about! Missing Jordy's tournament games today and Dylan's game. The mom's will keep me posted though. Would have liked to catch one of Emma's games also. Ryan has a game this weekend too... will be missing it also.Foggy this morning. Suppose to clear up. Slept til 7:30 this morning.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with blessings at every corner!
Weather To Expect:
Some areas of low clouds and fog. They will give way to mostly sunny skies by the afternoon. High temperatures are well above average in the 70s around the sound... with some temperature readings in the low 80s. Mostly sunny with temperatures in the 70s will continue through the next 5 days. Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
Mr.Rogers? Sounds like him.
karen
Mr.Rogers? Sounds like him.
karen
The little yellow thing is for 45 records!!! I am not too young for that.
Post a Comment