WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

long day for papa

Papa got home at 7:45. For some reason the bus driver leaves Matlock and gets a call to go back.... Jefferson Transit was picking them up. Took 30 minutes for them to get there. This whole thing is such a mess, it's unbelievable. Amazing the canal is only 2 miles wide. I'm investing in a motor boat for next bridge outage! Or we'll move by then! Papa is so patient about it. But I did wake up and notice him sleeping in the chair at 5. So I slept this 6:30.... he is still asleep. He decided not to go in today... which is nice because he doesn't work at Walmart either... so he has the whole day off. I wish there was a way to take the burden off him. I see it as a burden... he doesn't. He sees it as exercise. hmmm. Amazing man.

Finished Twilight and was on to book two last night. Didn't go to bed until 12. Well, I went in at 11 and Papa was sprawled across the bed sound asleep. I didn't want to wake him by climbing in so I went in the den and sat with the cat on my lap and read awhile. This is really not interesting, is it?

Tara was the first to guess American Idol.... Simon Cowell was yesterday. Denise got it too. Today's is pretty easy. Loved this show!

So I have the day with papa... I'm excited!!! I can't even put in words how in love with him I am. I remember my mom said marriage changes over the years and to hang in there. (Almost 60 good and bad years of experience). She said sometimes you will love him with passion, sometimes barely, sometimes as a buddy, sometimes you'll fall back in love, sometimes you may feel like you don't even like him. Hang in there. Don't trust your emotions.... they change.... marriage changes.
She is right... after 24 years I see that is true. We've been through it all. And through rough times... that's when we're the closest.

Happy birthday to Scott Moon... an amazing teen in our church I just love! It's also Kim Fields bday... she turns 40! (anyone know who she is?) Emilio Estevez turns 47... and Burt Bacharach is 80! Thats hard to believe. Hope your day is good and you have happiness and laughter! The x's and o's are for you all!

What's Ahead:
A day of showers, possible thunder storms with hail, and sunbreaks as cool air and low pressure push through. Highs hit the mid 50s and southwest wind will run 10-20 mph. Evening showers back off overnight.
Wednesday starts dry but clouds and showers increase in the afternoon with rain overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Showers gradually decrease late Thursday.
Partly to mostly sunny weather returns for the weekend with highs in the mid 60s to lower 70s.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FRIENDS, Monica talking to Ross

Tara

Anonymous said...

Kim Fields played Tootie on Facts of Life, Right?

Tara

Denise said...

TOOTIE IS 40!!?? EEEEEK!

Theresa said...

Hopefully the bridge will be done soon and your troubles will be behind you:) Love you and have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I put it the wrong spot. Tara even knew who she was talking to.
karen

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14