Yesterday was a great day! One of my bestest friends in the whole world... Candicecalled. Of course, she sang "I just called to say I love you". We talked for almost two hours. It's like we didn't want to hang up but she gives voice lessons and had a student coming at 3. We laugh so much when we talk. We also counsel each other. She told me something that meant so much to me I wanted to share. We were talking of how I haven't been feeling God's presence in my life lately and it's made me so sad. She said... "Joyce, sometimes at night I go in and hold Morgan while she's sleeping. I kiss her and just hold her tight and love her. Morgan doesn't know I am there. But I am still there." I needed to hear that. And she read me the words of a song by Don Moen "I Will Sing". She is good for me. No wonder I keep her around. lol! I do love her. Everyone needs a Candice in their lives that make them laugh and can encourage you and .... knowing everything there is about you... still loves you! We share everything... the good, the bad, and the ugly. We know more about each other than most people should! lol! What is it about women from Georgia? They're awesome!
I got my bedroom clean! Can you believe it? How long have I been talking about it? I rearranged it a bit. I have a bookcase to clean out... then I will be totally done. I did laundry too. It feels good to get stuff done. I'm going to clean off my desk area today!
Papa is watching Obama on the news. I can't say what he is saying. I don't know why he watches. Papa is a funny guy. He really is. At work they think he is hilarious.
Not sure what is going on today... besides a few tasks to get done around here. Andrew has a track meet this afternoon and Dylan has a game tonight. I'm going to go over with Papa this afternoon. He has to work. May be bringing some kids home with me! I miss people around... especially little people.... especially grandkids!!!
Well.... Mom is on the train. (sniff, sniff) She called from Edmonds to say goodbye. Big old baby me.... I cried when we hung up. I think I was feeling sorry for myself. That's when I got up and went and started cleaning the bedroom. Mr. Morrison is doing ok. The animals are getting to know each other and he is coming off the refrigerator more often. He loves the windows.... He goes in the den, the livingroom, toyroom window... any window he can find. Does he want out? Probably. But I don't think he is settled enough to let outside yet.
Speaking of mom.... the other day she had to stop and get some gas because she kept forgetting how low it was. She said she doesn't have the strength in her hands to open the cap... so she asked a man to help her. He got it off for her because she asked. What blew my mind is that he didn't offer to pump her gas for her! What happened to chivalry? It is indeed dead. I hope my sons would have offered. I know Papa would have. I would have too. Mom thinks it is because she doesn't look 81. I told her if she carried a cane he would have pumped it. lol! I'm going to post on her trip for her when she calls me. So watch her blog!
Yesterdays clip was TAXI.... great old show. Good job Tara! This is an oldie too... pretty sure one of the girls will get it!
Well... here is a video of a cat encounter. At least I am getting some entertainment around here. Enjoy your day... gonna be wonderful!
4 comments:
brady bunch
Good girl Maddie! You guessed it!
Gas is a little more at Streibel's but there are sign's that say if you need help pumping gas to honk once or twice or go in and tell them you need help and someone will come and help you.
Hey Joyce, I have been running all over the place and just getting around to reading your blog. I hope your Mom has a great time. I am glad you have a Candace in your life and what a special thing she said about holding her child while sleeping. WOW! Love you and have a blessed day.
Post a Comment