Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day! I was at my computer and papa made me bacon, eggs and fried potatoes. Was so good! A bit early to eat so I didn't quite finish it, but he is so thoughtful! Then we caught the 8:00 ferry and went to church. It was so wonderful to see everyone! Got lots of hugs and stuff! The message was funny and good, too.
After church we went to Jordy's game. I don't know if I can really say it was a good game. The other team was obviously bigger, older, and better. Our girls poured their hearts into it but got their butts kicked. I'm not sure what was up with Jordy. She made a fantastic throw to the pitcher from right field... but didn't do so well at bat! She never swung up at bat. After the game she didn't look like she felt good. I always make excuses for my babies! It's my job as a grandma!!! I did get some good pictures of Riley with Uncle Kevon and Auntie Meghan and her eating sunflower seeds! She is soooo cute!
We got home around 5 pm.... sure makes for a long day. Talked with a guy from Oklahoma on the ferry.... and then the whole back of the bus was playing with this 2 year old... singing nursery rhymes.... anything to keep her happy and smiling. It was fun! We had a light dinner and watched the Amazing Race finale. I was pleased with the outcome. Now I have to get done here and watch the Celebrity Apprentice finale so I don't see any spoilers!
See that Heather and Karen got the TV show at the same exact minute... first tie we ever had. It was Different Strokes. Do you know what today's show is?
It was a nice Mother's Day! Talked with all my kids which is always nice... got to wish all the mom's happy mothers day... see a few of them, and be with papa all day! Does it get any better than that??? I wanted to show you how my day started... wish it really showed the early morning beauty and sunrise ... but if your volume is up you can hear the birds. God is good!
7 comments:
I'm glad your day was so nice. I agree the weekends do go by way too fast, but then again, time's going way too fast for me right now.
American Idol?
Tara
You are right baby the weekends go to fast, way to fast when I'am with you, love you very much baby!!
WAS that Simon on AI? I don't watch it but that sounds like the thoughtless obnoxious sort of thing he'd say.
I am so glad that you had a Happy Mother's day! You got to see your Mama and your kids and that means everything. Love you and hope you have an extra special week:)
yes... American Idol. I can't believe you don't watch it. There is some amazing talent on that show and you love good music! Simon is obnoxious and rude but usually right on the money. He's one of the reasons the show is a hit.
Great minds think alike!
I didn't know what todays was, I guess it was too easy.
Karen
Post a Comment