WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday... what happened to Saturday???

I love this photo taken by Kenny Todd... first night of bridge work!
By 7 am they had a section of the bridge out and it is on its way to Canada. Pretty cool, really!


I also found this and wanted to share.... it is good and perfect for me during this time:
Sometimes the key to survival is simply "setting our jaw" and going on faithfully trusting that God is there helping us, despite the outward circumstances. Choosing joy through hope rather than despair, choosing patient endurance in times of affliction, and choosing faithfulness in prayer are all decisions of the will. We trust that God, who raised Jesus from the dead, can also change our circumstances because he hears our voice.

Prayer:

Create in me, O Mighty God, a resolute and steadfast heart so that I might persevere with joy no matter what the difficulty. This I ask through your faithful Son. Amen.
I love my new background! It is so festive... well the last one was too. But I like different. Thanks Heather for showing me this new site! If you want to look at new backgrounds click on the top left of this site to get you there!

And congrats to Tara for guessing "My Best Friends Wedding". Today's is going to be soooo easy! Speaking of Tara.... we're going over there today! I'm so excited! Papa and Brad are going to fix his brakes (pray it works and is easy and cheap!). So, hopefully, if the girls have no plans I can see them. We're leaving at 8:00 this morning to catch the 8:30 bus to catch the 9:00 ferry to be there at 10. Crazy I tell ya! I really don't like "different" that much... but I'm going to make the best of it! I will be taking pictures and it is blue sky and sunny outside!!! Woo-oo! It might be fun!!!

This morning we had egg on toast. When I was a child mom made it... I've always made it and it was one of Kevon's favorites even for dinner. All it is .... is boiled eggs mashed with butter while hot on toast. Add some salt and pepper and num! However, Papa is the only person I've ever seen eat it with a fork. hmmmm.

Well, I don't have too much else to write about. Ryan's team did great yesterday, Dylan got a double RBI but they lost, Maddie said she played the best she's ever played, Andrew's been sick so missed his track meet Friday, and Josh loves tball. That's all in the sports world. Now for weather:

What's Ahead:
It looks to be a much drier second half to the weekend. High temperatures will be running in the low 60s and upper 50s.
A stronger storm moves in Monday night, bringing increasing rain into Tuesday along with gusty winds at times. We'll be stuck in a wet weather pattern as a series of disturbances continue to ride in through the work week ahead.
Today is Laurie Lundbergs birthday! She was my prayer partner years ago. The sweetest person.... she moved away and her husband is now a pastor! Here is a photo of them!I think today is Gin Duchemin's bday too. They celebrated it yesterday but for some reason I thought it was the 3rd. We were neighbors and buds for 9 years... and her husband is a pastor too... at CMC. Here is Tom and Gin! And for all you old people... it is Engelbert Humperdink's bday and he is 73. Frankie Valli is 72! Hard to believe! These guys were sex symbols!

Hope you all have a great day today. I am looking forward to mine! It will be an adventure and I'm excited to see family! God bless!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Titanic

Tara

Theresa said...

Glad you are getting out and getting to see some relatives! I am very interested in this bridge repair. I went on-line and researched it. Can't believe you live soooooo far away from your Georgia friends! Love you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14