WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, May 29, 2009

rants and raves of mam

Still not feeling that well. Mostly in my throat and glands. Oh well. Life goes on. It's not like I have to be anywhere. So I thought I would give you a "Mam" update .... which is nothing. And a "bridge" update... which is also pretty much nothing. We'll know more on Sunday. They are not working 24/7 anymore... only have a day shift going... fine tuning.

I feel like complaining... so if you want to keep enjoying your day... log off now. These are just things I don't understand....

1. My first complaint is why is Obama giving speeches every day? I like to be up to date on everything as much as anybody... but I am so tired of his voice already. And why is he traveling so much??? Doesn't he know we can't afford it? I do understand the office of Presidency... and I do appreciate he keeps in touch with the American public... but I think it is more than that. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

2. Speaking of can't afford. Why is gas prices climbing again? They can't blame our former "oil-man" president now. Last I saw it was $2.59!!!! Up over 30 cents in just over a month???? Bring back the good old days....

3. San Diego Bible Study. The city is shutting a 15 person Bible study in a home down because they are meeting without a permit! That is insane! No one else needs a permit, why a Bible Study group? If it was a law in Poulsbo... ours would get shut down too. But I am sure we would fight it, too.

4. Summer colds suck. Ya get hot and then cold. It just sucks.

5. Why are people so mean? Why do people act like they like you .. and then talk smack behind your back... especially in front of kids? We need to watch what we teach children. I know I failed there with my own kids ... wish I could take it back. Now I know better. Little kids have great hearing.... only pick up some of it and never ask for explanations. They draw their own conclusions and wonder why you hate someone they care about. It confuses and hurts them.

6. Why don't people forgive? Do they think they are better than the person they are looking down on or do they just not want to? Do they think there will never be a time they will need forgiveness? We all get there.... because we're not perfect nor will we ever be. I am sorry for all my mistakes... I've told everyone. What more can I do?

7. Why do people assume? Don't they know what that means? I am quick to jump to conclusions myself... but I have a husband that brings it down to the playing field. Some people just like to think the worst of others.

8. Why do people have to criticize another persons enjoyment. If that person isn't hurting another or themselves or God.... who's business is it to others? Everyone is different. Some people love sports... playing it, watching it, whatever. Other people will criticize them. Some people love exercising... why would we criticize that? Some love the computer and blogging and facebook. Is it anyone's business to criticize their entertainment? Others like TV and watch their favorite shows faithfully. Or love singers and they listen to them constantly, or books like the Twilight series or Harry Potter series, or whatever. If a person becomes obsessed with something, what business is it of others and why cut them down for it?

I just don't understand these things... do you?

Done with my rant for the week. This is not pointed at you.... so don't get all over me.

On a lighter note... does anyone remember making these?????

6 comments:

Denise said...

Yah that's one of my pet peeves,someone giving you grief coz you like something.Why do you like THAT/them/him/her like you are a toal freak and loser for liking it.I can suggest a place you can go if you don't like it.

Anonymous said...

I was saddened by Israel's death. So sad and such a beautiful voice.

Anonymous said...

I think Obama likes to hear himself read the teleprompter.(could you imagine a press conference without his precious teleprompter?) I'm tired of listening to him babble as well. I like to know what is going on, but come on. I think all those confrences, updates, and addresses are just to make sure we know he won the election.
Only three and a half more years!

karen

Theresa said...

Back here in Georgia, we call this post "getting it off your chest"! Keep on keeping on friend and hope you feel better. On Obama, his tele-prompter fell over and broke... now what will he do:)? Love you!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I agree with all of your rants. And I could surely add a few to them myself. Have a happy Saturday.

Kelly said...

And, no, I don't remember ever making one those do-hickey things. What is it?

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14