WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, January 3, 2011

Warning: these photos are graphic

This is not the way I wanted to start out the year, my Monday, or my week. I am scrambling to do my "Makoa proof" finishing touches and I was moving a book shelf. Thought I could just slide it toward me. It jumped towards me and ripped my toenail back.  It hurts. :(  But I always have time for a picture.... these will gross you out! Hopefully will have you pray for me too!


Did that gross you out? It did me!!!  Now it is all wrapped up and I don't know what is next. It hurts. I know that.  Will it turn black? Will it transplant itself back? Cindy, you're going to nursing school... tell me if I should have it removed. owww... even writing that hurts!!!!  I sent a picture to my 5 of my oldest grand kids.... Andrew text first.  Patrick just called (on Parkers phone).  Waiting for the other two before school.  I love their compassionate hearts towards their mam... and their prayers!

Enough about that.... yesterday I took more decorations down.  Can you believe I still don't have them all down? Unbelievable, huh?  I work for a while and then rest my back. Then I keep finding more.  Got most of them now.  Was just finishing up this morning.  I have a bit more to do to get ready for the kid. I have him Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week! ;D Can you hear me smiling?

Still cold here. Papa took Toby on a walk yesterday.
Papa and his best friend walking in the cold! Frozen in our yard but not the neighbors! lol

Had a great day. Made a pot roast with roasted potatoes and garlic.  Nice way to warm up the house and make it smell good!  Papa watched the Seahawks win last nights game. No comment.  I am a Seahawks fan but we aren't that good and it might have been better to lose and get a good draft pick than win and then lose next week to the Saints. They just kicked out butts last time we played them. Oh well. What will be will be. My motto this year.....


Got to get this place ready... hope your week starts out better than mine! Good thing I don't have to wear shoes today!!!!  I think I will call my mama and get some sympathy! Love to all!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow ..guulp..that makes me queasy...and to think I was going to be a nurse...doh...
I am SO sorry. You probably need to keep that nail band-aided loosely down or it will catch and rip off and cause you more pain!!!OR just go ahead and clip it off and keep your toe protected with thin layers of antibiotic for a little bit and Loose bandaid or gauze. The best natural healer and fastest way to heal and get a layer of cells over a damaged area in my humble opinion is ALOE!!! No kidding. My mom swore by it. She would place an open strip of it over her sore place and bandaid it and keep refreshing. Within a week the place was oh so good. I follow her prescriptions! :-)
I am saying a prayer it will heal fast. Our feet always seem to take so long to heal when they get wounded....guess cause they are so far away from the heart??? Hugs to you. protect that toe from little running toes around your house!!!!
**by the way...I love that movie "The Man who Knew too Much!" with my favorite...Jimmy Stewart... and of course Doris Day singing THAT song. :-) :-) What a mystery movie!!! xoxo

Theresa said...

OK, been there and here's how it happened and what I did! I was going to the movies with a bunch of teenagers. The door going into the movie theater hit my toenail and ripped it off JUST LIKE YOURS! I bled and bled and bled! I went to the doctor the next day, he gave me several shots around my toe and REMOVED the nail! It took NINE months for it to grow back! It hurts SOOOOOOO bad, I KNOW IT DOES! Hope you get some relief!

I watched the Seahawks too and our FALCONS:)

Love to all of you! HUGS!

Cindy Lou said...

Yes Joyce...get the rest of that toe nail taken off and let the doctor look at especially with you being diabetic!!

Hope it feels better soon!! Love you bunches!

Joyce said...

Ow... your stories make it hurt more!!! Thanks for the call Cindy. I have an appointment. xoxo

billypandnikkysmom said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can't look!!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14