WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, January 9, 2011

all about football.....

Well.... I am excited this morning!  If ya don't like football.. ya might want to skip my blog today!  Seattle Seahawks beat the Saints in the Wildcard playoff spot! 41-36!  What a game! We never knew who would come back on the field. Seattle teams are not known for their consistency... but for choking when they need to pull it off. But we did it! THAT is why everyone is so excited in Seattle! Who dat? SEATTLE SEAHAWKS!  And we will ride the wave until next week ... then see what happens. My favorite play of the day??? Easy... Marshawn Lynch!
He broke six tackles on the 67-yard run, tossing in a massive stiff arm that sent cornerback Tracy Porter to the turf and completed the longest scoring run of his career.
Karla's husband, Joel, got to go to this game. He is such a huge Seahawk fan... I am so happy he got to be there.  He was one of those thousands of #12 fans yelling their hearts out and making it miserable for Drew Brees and many other quarterbacks who have gotten to play in Seattle.  Wish we could take #12 on the road!  GO SEAHAWKS!  We either play Atlanta or Chicago.  Could be tough on the blogger front. lol!

I bet alot of you didn't know I was a huge football fan?  Our whole family are fans.  When the kids were little I would write every team playing every week in this notebook and everyone of us would pick who we thought would win.  The winner who picked the most wins had bragging rights that week and would go on their record to see who won for the whole year! We did that for years!!! It was fun.  All the kids had their own favorite teams!


Kevon was a huge New York Jets fan (Mark Gasteneau era)! Ryan loved Chicago Bears (Refrigerator Perry era)!
He loved Seattle too... he loved football!

They both loved Seattle Seahawks!
Karla loved Miami Dolphins and Dan Marino! Tara liked the Seahawks and her and Kevon were big Oklahoma Sooner fans and Brian Bosworth fans!

Heather in the middle with her Cincinnati Bengal Shirt... she loved them and Boomer Esiason!

Kevon and Ryan played football for 7 years in Peewee!
RYAN

RYAN

RYAN
KEVON: HE CALLED HIMSELF THE "KEVONATOR"

KEVON WENT THROUGH HIS ATLANTA FALCON FAZE TOO.

KEVON

KEVON

KEVON

KEVON WENT ON TO PLAY IN 9th GRADE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND STOPPED AT HIGH SCHOOL. HE DIDN'T LIKE THE COACH AND HIS FRIEND DRAGGED HIM AWAY FROM SIGN UPS. STILL NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT! LOL!
 
HERE ARE THE 5 AMIGO'S AT AWARDS CEREMONY DOING THEIR DANCE! KEVON, JOHN BARRIEAU, BRAD HALEY, RYAN AND TRAVIS RE!

LANNY WOULD PRACTICE WITH THEM IN THE YARD.

HEATHER AND TARA... TARA STARTED A CHEER SQUAD FOR THE TEAM! IT CAUGHT ON BECAUSE THERE IS STILL A CHEER SQUAD IN NORTH KITSAP 20 YEARS LATER! COOL TO THINK TARA IS THE ONE WHO STARTED IT! ;D   SHE HAD ABOUT 10 GIRLS AND THEY WOULD PRACTICE IN OUR YARD. IT WAS QUITE FUN! HEATHER WAS ONE OF THEM!

HEATHER AND TARA... AND COACH LANNY!

IN THE VIKING FEST PARADE... RY #32, KEV #28!

COACH BLACK, COACH HALEY, COACH MORRISON REVIEWING THE GAME.

COACHES LANNY, ROB HALEY, MIKE GEE, AND OUR BRAD!!!! I TELL YOU IT WAS A FAMILY AFFAIR! WE WERE ALL ON BOARD, I WAS IN CHARGE OF SIGN UP'S AND WEIGH INS!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE PICTURES OF COACHES AND FRIENDS... LANNY AND ROB FIGURING OUT WHAT THEIR NEXT PLAY WILL BE.

LANNY, BRAD, AND ROGER SHERRARD AT AWARD CEREMONY. ONLY TIME LANNY MADE ANY SPEECHES WAS DURING FOOTBALL BANQUETS OR PARTIES.
TARA AND PRESIDENT MIKE GEE HANDING OUT AWARDS TO THE CHEER LEADERS!

YEARS LATER THE COACH NEVER LEFT PAPA. HERE HE IS WATCHING GRANDSON PATRICK AND GIVING HIM SOME TIPS. =)
That is my football pictures.  Me and the girls all had sweatshirts too. Mine said "Mom of 28 and 32" and the girls said "Sister of 28 and 32". We would wear them at the games. It was such a great family time for us all! We lived, ate and drank football.  It was good that we were ALL involved!


2 comments:

Theresa said...

It WAS a great game! If we play each other, I'll still love you whoever wins:) I loved seeing Kevon in the Falcon's jersey! I can't believe how organized all of your pictures are... I could never put together that collection over so many years! Have a blessed Sunday, I am watching the playoffs today too! WE LOVE FOOTBALL here at our house too! HUGS!

billypandnikkysmom said...

I LOVE FOOTBALL TOO!!!! I was so ticked that the Saints lost ~ GRRRR BUT OH SO HAPPY that the stinking rotten COLTS lost YAHOOOO!!

Next week my PATS play the JETS CANNOT WAIT!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

Have a great afternoon watching some ball!! Hugs & love to you!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14