WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Boasting over Cake, Cuz, and Koko!

I did it! I did it!  I realize most of you do it all the time. Nah... you probably use a box. I made a cake from scratch and the frosting too!  And Papa loved it!
I know it isn't as clean as top chef wants them to be, but I am proud!
This is a big deal for me because I hate to cook. I always mess up or make a huge mess. Yesterday when I was putting in the ingredients I scooped the sugar out of the canister. Went to put the salt in the cake and accidentally poured it into the open sugar canister! Then I tried frantically to scoop it out. That was tough!  I knew I would have to blog about it! lol! I know you can all picture me doing something like that!
I don't like baking. But I LOVE cooking shows! I love "Worst Chef's" "Top Chef" "Hell's Kitchen" "Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives" any thing with cooking. I guess what inspired me to do it was watching Julie and Julia. I didn't think I would like it and I had no interest in seeing it because Julia has the most annoying voice.... but I did. Posted a clips from it on the other post.
I love Amy Adams! I went to the blog of the real Julie... didn't like the f-bomb she uses all the time so I won't be following. I'd like to think of her cute and feisty like Amy Adams!

Any way.... yesterday I didn't get cleaning done... only a smidget.  But I watched this movie, made potato salad, baked chicken and a cake! So there. And I loved my day! I was so happy all day!

Today I am going to pick up Lois and mom and take them to their doctor appts and who knows what else we'll do! I am sure we will find something.

Today is my favorite cousin's birthday! I've always loved and worshiped this guy since I was a little girl! I still do!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOB!!!!!
It seems like every time we see each other (which isn't as often as it should be) we always get a picture taken together!!!




This was one of the greatest days ever! I got to sit between Bob and my dad! I don't know how I managed it... but it was pretty cool!!!

I see this is posting photo's today....so here are a couple of the ones I promised of Makoa
Makoa and I are watching videos of him on the computer!


kissing and holding him


At McDonalds with Andrew!




Took 5 pictures... this was the best!

To get one of Dylan smiling or without attitude you have to do it when he is not looking!

We were teasing him about "Pants on the Ground"

There is the 'tude!!!!  He is more like his mom than she can believe!

Climbing up into the playland
 
Lauren organizing a game of tag with the 5 girls (they always make new friends!)

Maddie loving her dinner!



Time to say goodbye!

That is what I am posting... the rest are on Facebook!
Well, it is suppose to reach 60 today! That means mom's apartment will be 110.  lol!
Enjoy your day!  thank you for being my friends!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Good morning dear friend! I LOVE that cake and I don't do SCRATCH like lots of others! I am so proud of you, what a gorgeous cake!

Those are some of the sweetest pictures, LOVE the real close-up of Maddie! Precious of Makoa with the kids! I bet he misses you and Papa, as well as the rest of your family!

Enjoy your day, still chilly this morning but we are getting a bit of a warm-up by the weekend!

HUGS! Love you bunches!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Oh yes Ido make my cakes from scratch!!! I was terrified to try & then when I got my mixer I just went CRAZY BAKING!!! And I tried everything I baked LOL!!!

Yours looked NUMMY!

Cute pics of the kiddos.

Hope you have a great night! Love & Hugs to you!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14