WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I love kids... from birth to 92!

Silly faces I had lunch with yesterday!

Good morning!  I cannot seem to settle with a background! The cold is coming again so maybe I was ahead of myself with the rainbow etc... back to mittens and hot cocoa. lol!  I hate change but I love to change things up. Make sense?  I am notorious for rearranging furniture. Ya, ya... I should give that one up.

Yesterday was a good day.  I went to Maddie's school and brought McDonald's. She had a sub but the sub let her out like 1 minute early to take me to the lunch room.  I saw Brandy! That was a nice treat! And Cyndi Gilman! She is a super popular teacher and a good friend of mine!  Maddie's friends were so impressed when she came over and hugged me! lol! I am a rock star now. Plus I showed them the picture of my toe and grossed them out and I am funny and cool. What can I say? Maddie laughed. I was surprised at how quiet and shy Maddie is at school. I thought she was sick! Her eyes were watering for some reason... she said they had been all day. She didn't eat much of her lunch, either.
Maddie with her friends!
 I had tried to rig up a slipper with the toe cut out I could wear.... but my foot got soaked. It rained. :(  So I skipped going to mom's and will go this morning.


On the way home I called my ex-husband, Dave.  He goes into surgery next Friday for bypass and valve replacement. It is a huge surgery.  I wanted to tell him I am praying for him and I'm concerned.... which is all true. The conversation ended up being 45 minutes long! I sat up by the cemetery over looking where we used to live and talked to him.  We talked about the surgery and how scared he is, Karla... I told him to be nice to her while she tries to help him, and about Kevon. It was a really good conversation. One of the best we've had in a long time. Then we talked about old friends and stuff.  He isn't a bad guy... he is just so Ellis. lol! So stubborn, a right fighter, opinionated, and has always had a wall around him. His mom died when he was 5... and we talked about that again yesterday. He said it is probably why he is so independent.. he has always had to take care of himself and only count on himself.  He needs God.  Someday. I pray!
Here is a picture of Kevon, Karla and their dad in happier times. Kevon has his dad's eyes, mannerisms, and attitude.... I don't think KJ looks like him at all. Who is Karla? lol!


While I was looking at pictures of my kids last night I really looked at them. This one was taken a couple Christmas' ago. Do you think the look like me? Everyone says Karla does... but we don't see it. Kevon has my nose and smile and lips. Karla has my little ears and big feet. lol! I love my babies! They are so cute... always will be!





1988
Well.... I don't have much to say. No plans this weekend.  Looks like snow may be moving in this next week.  We shall see.  You never know around here.  I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and may God bless it!!!!! xoxo

2 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

the weather has been crazy here too...gets warmed up a bit and then BOOM that cold slaps you right in the face :/

I love you picture at the top of your page with all of the grands!! So cute & that Crabby Road card ~ hehe!

I'm glad that you got to talk to your ex-husband, I hope that his surgery gores well!

Have a great Saturday, stay warm! Hugs & love to you!!

Theresa said...

Love all of the pictures! I think Karla looks soooooo much like you and I think Kevon looks like his Dad, who is very handsome:) I will pray for him too! I hope your toe is feeling better as the days go by! Love you bunches, we are getting snow and ice Sunday night! HUGS!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14