WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We need prayers for our family in South Dakota ....


My heart is sad this morning. We've been in communication with our family back in South Dakota... my Uncle Alvin isn't doing very well. He is my favorite uncle. He is funny and quick witted and kind and teasing... just love him. But he came down with Alzheimer's a while back. He ended up in a nursing home. This past week he has had a few falls so he was put in a different room and in a wheel chair. He seems to be fading fast. He isn't eating... he's had to be fed. I got some very sad updates the last couple of days from my cousins (his daughters) June and Kathy. The doctor called Donny (their son) to come to the nursing home to discuss what to do next. I know my Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Alvin were against being on life support. I cried last night while Papa and I prayed for everyone. Please pray for Uncle Alvin. Also for my Aunt Lorraine and cousins June, Don, and Kathy.... as well as the whole family... in-laws, grandkids, and a few great-ones... and my mom. He is like a brother to her. She absolutely adores him. I know this is difficult for all of them.

Well... will be doing some more cleaning today. You'd think I'd be done... my home isn't big. Yesterday I cleaned the livingroom, diningroom, kitchen, washed windows & TV screens and my computer, did dishes, laundry, made a meatloaf for tonight and watered my plants. Also got caught up on Lost. Haven't watched it at all this season and I've missed it (no ABC, remember?) So I got caught up. Updated and changed mom's website for her.... we are going to try to update at least once a month. Posted pictures in there for her too.

It has been pouring rain since last night and I don't think it's stopped. Papa wants to change sides of the bed so I guess I'll be rearranging some stuff there. That is totally going to throw the dog off! lol! Apparently he doesn't like me to face him when I am sleeping. Maybe I should just lay on the floor!

Well.... I want to get started early so I'm going to go! Need to coordinate with Karla about when to take her kids over spring break. I'm excited to have company! Have a great day today! God's blessings on you all and his peace!

What's Ahead:
A strong flow of wet weather this morning will back off later as showers end this afternoon and tonight.
A brief dry period tonight and tomorrow before rain returns Friday, and showers continue at times through early next week.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I will be praying for Uncle Alvin and all the family in South Dakota. I have an uncle with Alzheimer's also. He is still at home but it is really wearing my aunt down. That is a terrible thing to have. It grabs them quick and is so hard on all the family. Love to all!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14