WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, December 19, 2008

Said he was coming.....


What God does in Jesus is not a surprise. Yes, it was unexpected, but the "hints" and prophecies of his coming are found all over the Old Testament. The holy prophets had spoken about it "long ago." But more than the prophets, Jesus' coming is God keeping his word. Jesus' coming is God's answer to his promises. That's why Paul can say that all God's promises find their yes in Jesus and it is through Jesus that the "amen" is spoken (2 Cor. 1). In Jesus, God comes, God ministers, God cares, God saves, God redeems, and God keeps his promises.

Prayer
I thank you, Holy Father, that you keep your promises. I know I don't have to worry that you will keep your word to me; your love, character, and kindness guarantee that you will. So please help me be more faithful to you as I seek to honor my promises to you. I know this is important to you not only because I need to learn obedience, but I also need to develop a character more consistent with your own. Thank you for hearing my heart, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14