WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Thursday, December 4, 2008

new job, studying, and the chiropractor.....

Well....I had a good day yesterday and look forward to another good one today. Weird to leave for work in the dark instead of arriving home in the dark! lol! But I liked not having to work last night and it will be cool to have Saturday's off again. It was hard when the grandkids would stay the night and I had to take them home.....we just wanted to chill out in the morning! I got to the job early, of course, and since I don't have a badge yet I have to enter with someone else. I got a tour and met some of the doctors, MA's, saw Roger Cox, met Physical Therapists, billing clerks, and it will take me forever to remember everyones names! But I know the names of the people working closest to me and that's important! Peggy, Krista and I will be getting new desks, computers and phones in another room instead of in the lobby next week! We will just be answering phones, scheduling appointments, directing calls, and that kind of stuff. They have 3 people at the windows to check patients in and out. I was studying the manual last night....there is so much to learn....certain things to put in when you schedule, who to forward to triage, who to book where, insurance, etc.... and we use two different computer programs. The girls told me it will take a while to learn and not to stress about it. They expect tons of questions from me. They said it is easier and takes less time to answer my questions than to clean up my mistakes. Makes sense. I'm excited to learn! I have a locker in the locker room, we have a real nice lounge, and the building isn't as complicated as I once thought. It's big..... there are 6 surgeons, 2 p.a.'s, and lots of medical assistants. I think Dr. Watters is the busiest doctor there. And the toughest to schedule for. I really felt God's presence yesterday. And the one girl I work with was talking about her bible study group and knows Kurt & Jenny and Kelly & Heidi! The girls brother is a pastor and Krista goes to his church. Small world. I know God will be with me through this so I'm not too overwhelmed. Monday and Thursdays are their busiest days. I imagine I'll just be observing a lot again today. Well....enough about the job!

It was so nice to get home early! Didn't get much done because I was answering phone calls (thanks everyone for calling to see how my day went!) and reading the manual. I got a call from the chiropractor I went on that group interview with... the doctor himself left a message wanting me to come in. Hmmmm....out of all the girls in the group I was the ONLY one with chiropractic assistant experience and they blew me off back then. Guess the new girl didn't work out. Lanny doesn't want me to take the job if offered. He thinks it would be too much trying to learn both jobs at the same time. Plus....I don't have any mornings to spare.

Well, not much more to write about. My thoughts are pretty consumed with this job for now. Things will settle down once I get the hang of it. God bless and hope you all have a great day! Especially you, Rachel!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


What's Ahead:
Thursday: More dry weather and plenty of sun today. Highs hit close to 50.
Friday: clouds increase, highs in the 40s.
Saturday: Chance of rain, highs lower 50s.
Sunday: Wet.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14