WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, December 15, 2008

How many names do you have?


How many names to you have? How many describe you? I am wife, mam, mom, daughter, sister, Christian, receptionist, etc.... Did you know Jesus is identified by many names stated or implied in the Bible. Just in this short verse alone he is Jesus, son, child. He exhausts all descriptions, and yet chose to be limited to imperfect descriptions by becoming human. All of the names and descriptions helps us find Jesus as our Savior in every trial and blessing of life. Jesus is Savior for all seasons.

Prayer
Holy Father, I thank you for all the ways Jesus is described and all the names he is given. They help me to see his nature and character. Please bless me that I may always find a name or description of Jesus to help sustain me when I walk through the shadows caused by the evil one. Help me to see Jesus and not my preoccupations and biases so that when he comes again, I will know him, and he me. Through the glorious name of the Savior I pray. Amen.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14