WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BLOOD SUCKERS / PAPA'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG


 It is a cold Tuesday morning.  Lauren spent the night and I get to take her to school! That is the only plan I have for the day.  It should be a good day.

DAY WITH MOM!
Yesterday I went and picked up my mom. It was cold yesterday too. I had the heat blowing all over me and was barely warm when I got to her place which is about 16 miles away. I took her down to get her blood drawn.  It is like a 3 room office... the waiting room, the bathroom, and the office/blood room. I waited in the waiting room and I could hear the problems she was having finding a vein on my mom. The office was so small you could hear every thing. Two women came in and sat down. One started rocking and crying and plugging her ears while the other caressed her. Hmmmm.... lesbians.  A frightened one to boot. Finally I said... would she do better waiting in the car? They agreed and she went out to the car, after kissing the other goodbye.  Next I hear the phlebotomist say "Well, lets try the other arm." My radar goes up... I go back (well, about 8 steps) and stop her! She CANNOT have anything done to her right arm!!!! Mom knows that!!!! But she was thinking that they cannot do blood pressure readings on her right.... I had to remind her no tourniquet, no blood draw, no NOTHING!!! She has a fistula on her right arm. I would think that when mom told her she had one... the blood sucker (as dad called them) would have known that arm was not an option. Oh well. Got it done in the left arm and we left. I tried to calm the needle phobic lady down as we left and she got out of her car to go in. She was really afraid. Good luck Ms. Phlebotomist.  Another fun draw!
Next we went up to Walmart and she did some shopping. When we were walking out she was looking and acting visibly tired! So I went and got the van. We went to Dairy Queen next and picked up a 4 piece chicken strip basket we split and she got a small blizzard. We ate at her house... shared a nice lunch at her table and looked at the beautiful mountains and talked. I love those moments with my mama. After lunch I left... she was tired. My heel hurt.

Came home and Libby called. We talked for a long time! It has been a while since we talked. Plus I talked to Lois too.  I truly love my sisters!!! I love my family and am so grateful for them!  Had a quiet evening and Lauren came over and the rest is history! 

PAPA'S NEW JOB:
Pray for papa... he is heading over to Keyport (other sub base) to work.... he will be doing inventory. He is not happy whenever he has to do something new. This will be his new job for however long. I pray he goes in with a positive heart and enjoys his day!!!

I hope you had a good day. Enjoy my pictures....




 MY MEMORY PHOTO:
Our baby Joshua taken February 1, 2005


MY FUNNY FOR THE DAY!


OUR WEATHER

Skies stay mostly sunny Tuesday and Wednesday with high temperatures in the mid 40s. Thursday stays dry with increasing clouds before showers return on Friday.

Thank you God!!!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like a strange day at the Doctor's office! Glad you stopped them before they hurt your Mama!

I hope Papa enjoys his new job, sometimes new turns out to be good:)

Love to all up there! HUGS!

Julie said...

WEll, short and sweet girl...You are an awesome daughter...you are a loving gram...you are a sweet sister...you are a supportive and thoughtful sweetheart...and you are a kind stranger. You go! I always have a deep respect for a hubby when he has to go to a new job and break in and get to know the new surroundings, the office"climate", the cliques, the new position...
been there done that.....many years ago...not an easy thing at all, specially in the world of men who desire respect from their fellow male peers...Saying a prayer for your man right here. I love my guy for taking off far away to live alone and start a new job, and give up so many things he loves....to provide for us. Hope it won't last too long...(being apart!)
hugs !!!!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14