WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Friday, February 18, 2011

All about Mom and Dylan!

I love it... 6:30 in the morning and you can see outside! It isn't total daylight yet, but it is coming! I don't like the dark.  Probably why I am such a morning person!  Plus I take after my dad. Mom, too, is a morning person! 

YESTERDAY...mom! Speaking of my mom.... I can't wait to call her this morning and see if she slept good last night! She has had trouble sleeping for awhile.  First of all... she itches... Dr. Arthur (her surgeon) said it was from the kidney failure.  But she told us she also hurts... all over. Everywhere is pain.  So on the way home I called her regular dr... Dr. Connie... and talked to the nurse who was going to get back to me. By the time we got to Poulsbo she hadn't called... so mom and Lois went to Albertson's and I went to her doctors office. Ya know, ya just can't sit and see your mom cry from depression and exhaustion and hopelessness and not react!!!!  She asked "Why does it take so long to die?"  I hurt for her.  I know she is tired of it all. I know she longs to be in the arms of Jesus and with dad again. But I am so heart broken when she gets like this.
Anyway... Dr. Connie took me into an exam room and we talked about mom. Everything. She told me the pain comes from her Polymyalgia.... which I didn't even know she had and it totally fits!!! Mom wasn't even aware of it ... when I told her she felt better with a label for her pain and that she wasn't going crazy.  I got a refill on her pain medication which should also help her sleep. They usually give prednisone... but it makes you retain water and with her kidney condition... that is not good.  As long as she can sleep she will improve I pray!!!
She had good/bad news at Dr. Arthur's office. Bad news is she does have some blockage in the arteries in her neck going to the brain. Good news... not enough to require surgery at this point, but he wants to watch it every 3 months.
Another thing we did... we went to lunch at Sizzlers and Lois and I had fish and chips... mom had a side order of shrimp and then ordered a baked potato they gave to her for free! She got off cheap. And when we were done she left with 3 shrimp, a piece of fish and half of her baked potato! Lunch today!

A very great thing also happened yesterday which I was thrilled about.  Andrew got 100% on his history test!  We did great! lol!  I really am very proud of him.  He works so hard on his grades.

NIGHTMARE:
Last night I had another nightmare.  I don't have them that often, but when I do, I yell and cry out loud and always wake up Papa.  I woke up remembering I had a nightmare but not what it was about until Papa asked "When are you picking up Dylan?" I said "What?" He said "You left him at Safeco Field." It all came rushing back to me. Dylan and I went to see the Mariner's play baseball... next thing I know I am in Albertson's parking lot in Kingston and I remember I left without Dylan!!! He was still in Seattle! I flipped out! I didn't want to tell anyone because they would think I was a horrid mam... and Karla and Joel would never let me see him again! I cried and weeped and yelled and that is when I woke Lanny up.  He woke me up.  I went back to sleep and was dreaming my dad was driving me to the ferry and I said to him "Can I tell you something and you can't tell anyone else?" And I told him about leaving Dylan. That's all I remember. weird. I guess I am missing Dylan?  I called and told him about my dream and he said he would actually love it! He would hang out with the Safeco workers. lol!


PRAYERS:
Dylan isn't feeling too well.
Mom feels better.
Jordy's ankle gets stronger.

That's all I got today. Going to lunch with Lauren. Thought about cleaning out the closet, but that might not happen until another day. I think it will take all day. Tomorrow we got a soccer game and a funeral to go to.

Best get my day going! I hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

PRAYERS PRAYERS & MORE PRAYERS heading your way...pass them out to all in need!! Hope you have a great weekend, sending love & hugs across the miles!!

Theresa said...

I was just thinking about your Mom this morning and wondered how it went yesterday! I am happy that she knows what is going on and can get the medicine to hopefully get to feeling better! Bless her heart about the comment "taking a long time to die"! I hate it that she feels that way:( I'll be praying for all of you from my little heart to yours!

Love you bunches! HUGS!

Cindy Lou said...

Well hello stranger!! I have not been on here too much and wanted to stop in and check in on you!! I hate that your mom has not been feeling well, but maybe the doctor can get her to feeling much better soon. It is hard to sit back and watch those you love so much suffer. I pray that God give you the stength that you need. Enjoy your day!! Love you!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14