WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1/7 Wednesday...keep on keeping on...


Another birthday today....of my buddy, Kelly Erickson. He's such a nice guy. He is Kurt's brother-in-law and the other half of his comic team at kidstuf. They host the program together. We like to call him the straight guy. He's sweet....but he's really not funny. Happy birthday, Kelly!!!! Many, many, many more too!!!

Yesterday was another good day at work. I get so hungry about 10:00. I have a yogurt every day at 11 or so. I am trying to be careful what I eat and how much. I've never ever been this heavy. Please pray for me. I'm making a doctor's appointment too. Bringing my treadmill out this morning also. I talked to a girl at work yesterday that lost over 80 pound in two years. She looks great. Just portions and walking. She really inspired me. I took the leftover candy from Christmas to work and set it in a bowl at the corner of the desk and watched people walk by all day grabbing some. Need to have it out of our house. (They were Reese's miniature cups!) I did read some interesting quotes about losing weight I wanted to share with you:

If you live in a Northern state, you are probably Vitamin D deficient. And then what does that cause? It causes autoimmune problems. It takes your thyroid gland -- which is like your thermostat in your house and it shifts it off kilter, so you can't quite get the right temperature in your body.And those things tend to lead to guess what -- changes in the metabolism and weight gain.

We are not here to conquer weight. We are here to activate our potential. What she was talking about was a personal accomplishment, rather than a way of living.You have to wake up each day and renew your commitments to yourself. This is a daily thing. What we're saying here is that it's a way of life and that you have to approach this by doing something every single day for the rest of your life, and then you celebrate the triumphs along the way. Every day you needs to wake up and commit to the things that add vitality and health to your life. It's all in your hands. You don't beat this. It's, again, this daily thing, where you are recommitting to the life that you're meant to live every day of your life.


They cut papa's hours at walmart.....they cut everyones hours there by 4 hours. So he lost a whole shift..... Wednesday nights. He is going to talk to someone and see if he can trade Wed. night for Sunday morning. At least we can get back to church that way. I hate going by myself. I hate sitting my myself.

Papa went to mom's yesterday to check her battery. There was no water in it and it was fried.....so he's getting her a new one tonight and putting it in. He cleaned her battery cables, too. So she'll be ready to get back on the road tonight. Watch out!

Pray for my brother, David. Last time I talked to him was Christmas day....he was going to shower and meet me at mom's. He never showed and none of us have heard from him. Not a good sign. He's been out of work because Scott hasn't had anything for him and now he has no phone. I feel like he is falling in this awful place since he's moved back. Please pray for him big time. Thank you....again. I might try to find him today after work.

Well....I hope your Wednesday is a good one! And remember....rain is better than snow. Right? God bless you....

What's Ahead:
Rain will be heavy at times today, especially over the south. Highs stay warm for this time of year, in the lower to mid 50s. South winds will ease later to 15-25 mph.
Rain turns to showers Thursday with breezy winds to 25 mph, decreasing in the afternoon. Highs drop back into the 40s.
Dry and partly sunny Friday, mid 40s.
Weekend weather brings a mix of sun and clouds with a slight chance of a shower.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you found your brother in good shape. So many people are being affected by the economy. It's really beginning to hit close to home. I think most people get hungry mid-morning. At least you've found a healthy snack to eat. I personally would prefer the miniature Reese's.

Anonymous said...

They say nuts are a good snack, the minitures have peanuts, does that qualify?
We are getting rid of the sweets,(once the birthday cake is gone) I am starting to get back into my walking routine, again. You should move closer so we can walk together! Talk to Lanny about that!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Talk to your dr. about Vitamin D testing. We have been testing everyone in the office and almost everyone is deficient...I'd guess at least 80%!! That includes ME!!

Joyce said...

hilary....I just made an appt for a physical and i will ask them to check. as much milk as i drink you'd think i'd be fine.... but never get the sun! thanks! and karen....i'll speak to lanny. lol!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14