WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, September 21, 2008

cowboys, rain, and power outagaes....


Heather sent the cutest pictures of Joshua winning the tractor contest. They have some German festival going on this weekend. We finally have a cowboy in the family!
Well.....nothing goes as planned some days. Yesterday was one of them. I was going to take Andrew & Lauren home and Ryan called and was coming to get them instead. That was nice. I may be doing some office work once a week for an old friend from high school and was on the phone with her. Looked at the clock and had 20 minutes to get to work! Made it there a bit late....but couldn't get in the building! The power was out on the whole left side of town! So they let me in at the coffee shop....but I still couldn't get into the gym because it takes an electronic key card to get in! So I called manager Pam and she told me to post a note and go home. The girl at Global Bean would call Pam when the power went on. So I call Tara to see if Riley was still playing....she wasn't. They won. Stopped at Walmart and talked to papa. Left there and called Amanda to see if Andrew was still playing....he was so I got to see him play about 15 minutes in the rain. My feet got soaked, I had no coat so I had to wear a blanket like an old indian woman, and they got their butts kicked. They looked pretty sad walking off the field. Andrew almost scored but I guess almost doesn't count in this game. After the game I went to Albertson's and ran into an old friend, Terry Inman and visited for awhile. Good to see him. Then picked up Andrew so he could come over and watch 24 with us. It was nice eating Albertson's chicken, raining outside and us all comfy cozy watching 24. Lauren came over later (they had company so she didn't come earlier). Karla called later and Maddie wanted to spend the night so she brought her over. So we had 2 girls and Andrew over night. Got to bed after 10....I read Junie B. Jones to the girls. They loved it. I didn't get up until almost 7:30....then Andrew got up and went into my bed and watched tv about 10 minutes later. Rita called and woke up the girls....that pleased her....lol! So the girls are watching Brady Bunch. I guess the bunch will want breakfast pretty soon. And Andrew will want the computer so I best hurry here. Today I am making no plans so I don't know what is going on! lol! It is my nephew's birthday!

I want to say Happy Birthday to Daniel Langager in Virginia! He may be turning 30? I know he is just behind Kevon and Ryan. It is also my friends birthday....Nancy Metcalf......happy birthday to you too, Nancy! And many more happy and healthy birthday's to both of you!!!!

We spent part of the past two days making a memorial site for Lanny's mom. Since we're not doing a service here or in Oklahoma, we talked about it and thought it would be nice to make her own memorial website with comments we get from friends and family, photo's of her life, and we're putting the obituary in....stuff like that. Just a way to remember her, comfort one another, and it is long lasting....something to show the grandkids years from now. Getting it ok'd by Rita before sending it out. Gotta go. Have a great day!

Sunday: Cloudy, periods of light rain. Highs around 60.
Monday: Mostly cloudy, scattered showers. Highs in the upper 50s.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly cloudy. Rain developing late. Highs in the lower to middle 60s.
Wednesday: Rain. Highs in the middle 60s.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the middle 60s.
Weather Summary:
Periods of light rain showers will continue for the last day of summer on Sunday.
Temperatures will struggle to break the 60 degree mark, leaving us almost 10 degrees below the normal average for this time of year.
Our damp pattern lasts through Monday, then we'll get a short respite from the showers on Tuesday.
A stronger weather system is forecast to bring steady rain to western Washington late Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Drier weather makes a comeback starting next Thursday.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14