WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's all in the head!?


Our Tobydog!!!!
Yesterday Makoa and I took Toby to the vet to get his stitches removed. At the counter the girl asked how he was doing and I told her "not good... he isn't eating." So she immediately took Toby to the back.  Makoa and I waited.  Finally Dr Julie Evans (Toby's dr) brought him out. She said his temp is normal, he hasn't lost any weight and she checked him from head to toe and he looks good.  She took the stitches out and said it healed great. Julie was confused and asked me the questions about his energy etc.... which is kind of normal. He is in bed alot... but get out his leash or bring out a raccoon and he is all about energy! lol!  So we talked about depression. Dogs can get depressed. Even from wearing the cone. Well, it's been off for 5 days now so he needs to get over that! I called Amanda and asked to borrow his bff...Sandy. I picked her up on the way home and they were both happy to see each other!  Once in the yard they actually played!  Toby ate dinner, too!  I was so happy I praised Jesus and got teary eyed!  That dog means so much to us! Julie said if he doesn't start eating she will need to run lab work. Not good. Then for breakfast papa put dry food in his bowl??? What was up with that? No wonder he didn't eat it. We need to wean him back into it.
I have such a busy day today.   I am meeting Karla this morning at WalMart.  Then I am going to Group Health for my 3 month blood draw to make sure all is going ok with my diabetes. I got an email from the Diabetes Lady yesterday. Also picking up pills. Then going to mom's.  She wants me early. Lois and I are taking her to Dr. Vasin's office (kidney doctor) in the afternoon. Wonder what he will say about the shape she is in. Her breathing sucks. We'll get some dinner and take her home. That will be about all she could handle. She tires so easy and the water weight is coming off so slow!  She will flip out if he puts her in the hospital!  Literally flip out. She hates hospitals so much now!
This picture is of the first time they met in 2006. Been bff's every since!
Well, Makoa was an angel again yesterday. Testing the "come here" and "no" boundaries a bit, but nothing I can't handle.  Kapono thinks Angela, me and grandma spoil him. whatever. lol!

I know my blogger buddies are all about leaving encouragement and posts... so here are a few for you! xoxo

If you didn't get a chance to read my mom's Christmas Newsletter .... her link is on the right side of my page and right here: http://elainelangager.blogspot.com/

Also I hope you are checking out Andrew's daily devotions. I am trying to keep him encouraged. It isn't easy being almost 15, loving the Lord with all your heart, yet surrounded by people who don't know Him. http://devotiontothelord.blogspot.com/

I have to share a site with you. I love this girl Melissa... I hope you check it out. http://takeachanceonmelissa.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Well, it sounds like Toby is lonely for some companionship:) I hope he will be all better, I know how much you all love him!

Hope you have a wonderful day getting things done and spending time with your Mom and Karla!

Love you bunches! HUGS!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Oh poor Toby, I hope he gets better soon!! I love my Bailey girl so much, she's our little baby!!

Just stopped by your mom's post & dropped off some Christmas Cheer for her!

Love Ya Lots!!

Anonymous said...

Glad Toby is better. Julie is so helpful and knowledgable. I just love her.Our female dog goes through spurts of not eating, so I give her a little spoon of canned food mixed in her dry stuff and she scarffs it. She really prefers cat food, but that seems to be okay too. I think just the diffenet smell makes it good.
Hope Grandma's doctor appointment goes well today. Take care,Karen

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14