Good morning! Hope your day is going good! Mine is! I have Lauren sleeping peacefully on the couch and Papa covered up in his chair... the animals are eating their breakfast and all is good this morning.
Mama is home! I got to the hospital a little after 10... she told me to hurry when I called her because she was getting out of there. When I got there she was still in bed sleeping! I let her sleep until about 11:30 while I talked to the nurse and got the ball rolling on her release. Then I got her dressed and got the CNA in to help with the monitor tabs etc... and she packed everything but the kitchen sink into her bag. She was wonderful and so fun! She washed mom's hair again with that cap shampoo. The coolest thing ever! Then we went to the van where they hugged goodbye and said they loved each other. Wow. They bonded. Her name is Charlene... in case mom ever asks me I am writing this here! lol! I took her home and Libby met us with the walker. She had the apartment clean and fresh, was doing bills and had mom's blanket cranked up. Mom went straight to bed... she was tired. I went to the pharmacy to get her new medications and came back and redid her meds. Libby put up mom's Christmas decorations for her and Lois came to spend a couple nights with mom. I love teamwork! We all have our things we do best and are doing them! Libby and I had a chance to sit and visit yesterday. We almost started crying. Taking care of her does take away from our family.... but we only have one mom. Nothing can be more important right now. We've wanted our kids to understand... they only have one grandma and they need to call her or stop by once in awhile. I love her and she has so much to offer when you start talking with her. I think that is why I have always been drawn to the elderly. They are so wise, loving, and full of amazing stories about their lives. History. I am making myself cry!!!!
Today papa stayed home again. I have Makoa and Lauren (grade-schoolers have no school today but the middle school and high school does). We need to take Toby to the vet at 10:30. This is tough... we don't have the money for this but he has to be seen and he is our responsibility! I want him better above all else. My poor baby.
Memory pictures are great this time of year....
| 1988 Tara, Kevon, Ryan, Brad, Heather and Karla with their cookies! |
![]() |
| Maddie at Christmas Party 2005 |
![]() |
| Green teeth Parker 2005 |
![]() |
| Patrick 2005 |
![]() |
| Riley 2005 |
![]() |
| Jordy 2003 |
![]() |
| Patrick,Parker and Mona 2003 |
![]() |
| 2004 Lauren and I doing Christmas cards |
![]() |
| Andrew at puttputt golf for our party 2005 |
![]() |
| Andrew reading a story to the girls |
![]() |
| dylan |
![]() |
| Lauren |
![]() |
| Jordy |
![]() |
| Mom in 2006 |
It is 7:18 a.m. and Lauren is now up ready to work on Christmas decorations! So off I go! Have a wonderful day! Papa is off until Monday morning so I know we will! Enjoy the weekend!














3 comments:
I am happy your Mama is out of the hospital and I sure hope Toby will be OK! You guys will be continuously in my prayers! Enjoy your weekend with your Honey! Love you and big hugs!
So glad your mama is OUT! Mom always couldn't WAIT to get OUT of the hospital. That is why we promised her NO HOSPITAL at the end. She was so peaceful because of that. Saying a prayer for your mama, for you, and for precious Toby. I pray he will not have anything for you to worry about. Yes, I know. VETS are EXPENSIVE!! When we used to adopt them out with rescue, we used to have a mantra, Don't get them if you can't vet them (when they really need it...)
So glad your mom has all her loving caregivers. :-) I just ADORE the pic of Makoa in the Santa hat. He is a smilemaker. What a cutie-pie. Hugs to you Joyce. Have a wonderful weekend. Stay warm.
OH YAY YAY YAY!!! I am so happy that mom is home!!! More prayers answered and more prayers goingup for her recovery! Glad you got to spend some quality time with Libby, your home sounded so nice & cozy this morning!
Hoping that Toby is o.k., I'll send up a prayer for him too :)
Have a great night, love you bunches!!
Check out my blog from this morning, Christmas trivia w/ the answers, the nigth before was just the questions, it might be funto print both out and play with your mom...keep her mnd working!!! Heck play with the kiddos too at your next sleepover!!
O.k., now I really gotta' go, love ya!!
Post a Comment