WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, December 18, 2010

TODAY is the DAY!!!!

This morning I am sitting here happy / sad.  I am so happy we are having our Christmas today. The kids and grand kids will be here. I am baking the ham and I will be putting the turkey in next.  Later I will be making the potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and all the fixings. I hate cooking but I love being with family. Now for the sad part. I am sad because my son won't be here.  I've thought about it all day yesterday and woke up thinking about it. He has chosen not to come because he thinks it will add stress to the celebration.  He hasn't really gotten along that well with some family members. Last Christmas they were all here but not everyone spoke. It was awkward.  So he is trying to avoid it. But my heart is broke. I won't be pouring him his glass of milk like I do every year. I won't be hearing his laugh and seeing him smile. He won't be playing games and laughing. Gift exchange will be different.  It is all going to be different. It makes me sad.  I am frustrated with the whole situation and think it is all stupid. My Christmas wish would be that things would be full of love and forgiveness with everyone. That it could be how God would want it to be. Still praying it!  I know I sound like I am ungrateful.... but this is a place I write my feelings, too. I can go back and see how God works in my life! ;D
  But my chin will be high, the tears will be gone and I will be smiling and thankful for each person in my home. I am so blessed!!!

After dinner and gifts and games and the parents leave.... we begin the slumber party!!! 10 kids! I am super excited about it!  Pizza and pop and ice cream and games and sleeping bags every where and laughter and pictures and singing and dancing and caroling (if it stops raining) and mostly lots of love in my house!!!!!  Dylan said it is his favorite sleepover of the year! I have to agree!  Posting some photos of past sleepovers:
First one in 2001

2002 We missed Parker and Patrick. :(

2003 With Santa

Me with the kids at Point Defiance Zoo Lights! 2004

2005 Papa with kids playing putt putt golf at night!

2006... we only had 4 kids! Maddie and Riley....

... and Jordy and Dylan.

2007

2008


2009

Wiped out!


Even the cat is tired out! lol!


Mom is losing water. Which is good. Praying for her kidneys. She only lost 2 pounds overnight which is PERFECT!  More than two we would have to cut the pill in half... and it could endanger the kidney. Every thing is a catch 22 with her.

Ham is out of oven and warming in crock pot. Turkey is in the oven now. Now to clean bathrooms etc....!  Power outages in Seattle. Windy and rainy.  They were calling for snow this morning. I will take the other if the power stays on.  It would be a crazy sleepover with 10 kids and no power! lol!

I hope you all have a great day.  My post and pictures won't come until later tomorrow! Love you all and appreciate all your prayers!!! xoxo

3 comments:

Julie said...

Just checked in real quick and read your post...my heart is sad for you that your son is not coming....Kevon??? I am saying a little prayer for you that your joy will still be great today. Into every happiness and joy in life sometimes a little tear will fall...I have found... but Life is Good!! God is blessing you with so much fullness in your life. And the kids...ah the kids...they will cover and blanket the little cloud trying to hang over your head.
**Maybe he will come and visit with you later in the holidays, and it will be pure bliss!! :-) I laughed at your little funny at the top. love the smiles you deliver in your cartoons. SOOO glad your mama is better. **Thank you God. Joyce, YOU have a wonderful day. It all looks to be pure FUN for you from all the past pics you posted, and it sounds absolutely delicious!!! YUM.. Tonight I will think of you with all the grands. Praying right now that the power doesn't go out, but should it do so, I hope it becomes an adventure of fun all will remember fondly. Hugs to you bloggy sis...Merry Christmas early...xo

Theresa said...

I am happy you are having your party today and that ALL 10 GKs will be spending the night! I know that will make you happy:-)

I sure wish your package from me would get there while the kiddos are there!

NOW, for the family feud... they need to suck it up and forgive each other for whatever it is that is causing the hard feelings! Life is TOO darn short for such! We aren't promised another day!

Blessings to you my dear friend! Try to enjoy those who are there and we'll pray for those who are being silly and not coming!

HUGS!

billypandnikkysmom said...

I was thinkig that it might be Kevon, just like Julie...maybe after the Holidays are over you should have a sit down with all of them and try to make them see how this is making you feel...I will say a little prayer.

I thought I could hear a ruckus coming from your end of the world, it must be you and your grands PARTYING IT UP ~ LOL

Enjoy tonight sweet Joyce, Christmas is in your heart and in your home!!!

Have fun, oh & continued prayers for mom!! XOXO

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14