![]() |
| MEMORY PHOTO: This is mom and I taken 12-17-06 |
| MEMORY PHOTO: The kids and I taken 12-17-85 with our decorated tree! Note that Karla is holding Punky the dog! We just finished decorating the tree! |
| MEMORY PHOTO: My brother Doug and I playing putt putt down in Vancouver on 12-17-86! It was cold but lots of fun! |
![]() | ||||
| MEMORY PHOTO: It was so cold 12-17-05 Here is Andrew with the ice from the dog's water bucket.... his tongue didn't really touch it! lol! |
| Check out how the road lifts and moves... that is how they open the bridge for marine traffic. |
Then I went to Payless Shoes... they don't have cheap shoes anymore! Didn't buy any... went to WalMart and got some gel insoles.
Met up and shopped with Karla. Got Papa's gift. I had a good time with her! We did it last year too! Maybe it will become a tradition!
Then I went to dr and got blood drawn to see how my diabetes is doing and picked up pills.
Went to mom's and refilled her pill boxes. Lois arrived and worked on mom's Christmas cards for her!
| Sister Lois addressing mom's cards for her! |
Mom's lunch arrived... can we say yuck? It was Sweet & Sour chicken, rice, carrots and tropical fruit. Sounds good, right? Wrong. It was like frozen chicken nuggets with sauce on them, a blob of white rice next to it, and the tropical fruit was fruit cocktail. The carrots were bland. She isn't getting any more of those meals at $5 a piece! We will feed her! The meals at Central Market are much better and healthier. Lois and I went and checked them out. I went to see Sharon but she wasn't working. :( She's on vacation. Lois and I went to Walmart for mom while she napped too. And went and had lunch together at Taco Time. It was a nice sister time. I love having her here so much! She is like my best friend!!!! I would chose her for my friend even if we weren't related. I love hanging out with her! She "gets" me! Not many do!
| Mom's feet yesterday. All bruised and icky from water. Sad, huh? |
Got prescription filled, picked up Azteca for dinner and went back to mom's. It was all too much for her. She was so tired last night.
Today will be lighter...we have Makoa!!!! Papa is home!!!! Toby ate this morning!!!! (He ate nothing yesterday!) I had the cone sitting on my dresser... I removed it from the room so he can't see it anymore. Maybe that will help. Sandy has helped I know that... he came out and got lovings from Papa this morning too.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I will! Tomorrow is our Family Christmas starting at noon!! And tomorrow night is our Grandkids Christmas Slumber Party!!!! It will be SOOOO fun! I cannot wait!!! I will be wiped out Sunday.... in a good way! ;D


3 comments:
Joyce, what a full post!! First I laughed at your Maxine cartoon...ahem...could be me... lol..
Second, I so admire and respect your hubby's parents. What they CHOSE to do with Michael is a journey that involves strength from God and then I'm sure they would say brought unexpected blessings because they made that choice. Blessings to you and Lanny and Michael and his courageous dad... feeling the grace of God today reading that...Thankful for uncommon grace dispensed from Heaven above when hard things are asked of us...
Your poor mama's feet. The picture only makes my prayers more intense for God to relieve her feet. Oh my...give her a hug for me, and tell her that this bloggy sis says she is a STRONG and BRAVE sister.
course I'm saying a thank you that your heel feels better and that TOBY ATE...WOOT!!! What a good mommy you are to realize he might need canine companionship to cheer him up and take his mind off of himself... :-) Your mom's apt. looks so cheerful and your sis too! Glad you and she are so close. that's a good thing. Hugs to you Joyce. You are in my prayers for many things. Have a great weekend as you begin the family festivities and traditions... xoxo
Loved the picture of Papa with his brother, my dads uncle had Down's Syndrome & my greatgrands kept him at home with them...it's a lot of work but very rewarding for all & he was so well taken care of! Bless them for taking such good care of Michael!
I so with that things would turn for your mom, praying hard every day!
Have a great night, hugs & love to you!!
Wow, Joyce you are busy out there! It sounds like lots of great fun with family! I know Michael enjoys hearing Papa's voice! It is wonderful that they can stay connected!
I hope the doctors get your Mom's feet straightened out! Bless her little heart!
Have a blessed evening! Love you bunches! HUGS!
Post a Comment