| He came around the corner and started shooting! They learn young! |
Today I am going to mom's even if I have to wear a stinking face mask! I need to do her pills and I miss her.
I apologize for my Friday Fill-in list. Wow. I was kind of on a downer. Sometimes I am sad at the way the family has turned out. A couple years ago we were all together a couple times a year having fun. Now it seems no one wants to be in the same room with one another. Except the little kids. The adults are the problem. I called one of the kids about Christmas plans last night and they're not interested. They'll stop in Christmas day. No one cares how I feel. I've decided I will just have Christmas for whoever comes and when the adults leave... the kids and us will have our big sleepover and PARTY!!!!!
I did it again! I whined on your shoulders!!! I guess this is the only place to vent.... you all and my mama. But I don't want to put too much on my mom. She doesn't like to see me sad or hurt.
I am adding to this ... I just read what I wrote at the bottom of my blog:
Faith is knowing God has me where He wants me, He is molding me how He wants to, and I trust Him to take me where He will lead me. Everything happens for a reason... His reason.
Now if I truly believe that... I need to trust him in my family situation. Maybe my kids were my idol... I put so much time and energy into raising them and always being there if they needed me. I always thought they would need me and want me involved in their lives. Maybe God wants me to back away and focus on Him. He will fix things in His time. Maybe He is teaching them something? Anyway, He must want me right here at this time and He is molding me. It hurts like nothing else could.... but I have to trust His purpose will be fulfilled in my life. I am thankful He has given me the grand children I have... because they love me unconditionally... no matter what. They keep me up and happy and help me to feel needed and loved. God must know what He is doing, right? Faith. I am so blessed in my life!
I am texting Dylan this morning on our cell phones. Riley's got a game but I won't be going out in the rain. Not sure if papa is.
Jordy's birthday party is tonight at the roller skating rink. That should be fun! I am excited to see all the grandkids.... I haven't seen Parker, Pat, Josh and Jared for awhile! I'm sure they will all have fun!
My memory pictures of the day. The first one of Dylan... I remember like it was yesterday when Uncle Brad pulled his helmet out of the closet and let Dylan try it on. He was awestruck!
| 1999 Dylan was so thrilled to be wearing Uncle Brad's motorcycle helmet! |
![]() |
| 2003 Lauren crawling around playing! 8 months old |
![]() |
| Maddie at 4 months old 11-6-2003 |
I will end with this song all of you should know... really see the words!
Trust and Obey
by John H. Sammis and Marc Hedlin - Copyright ©
When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word
What glory He sheds on our way
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
chorus:
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
(chorus)
But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
(chorus)
Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear only trust and obey.
(chorus)




5 comments:
GOOD Saturday morning! It was in the 30's here this morning, brr bet it was freezing there...
I love your little cartoons you post. Today's was funny! I'm sorry about your Christmas hopes for a family gathering being dashed. I'm still gonna say a prayer that something will work out that makes you happy. Grandparents are such an important part of a child's life. When they are unhappy with mom or dad, and they have a grand nearby, they can always count on being cheered up there. Dobson always talked about the riches of living near grandparents for your kids sakes. And I know your grandkids are benefitting in many many ways having you nearby. Your adult kids will treasure that one day, if they don't yet. Hope you have some good time with your mom.
My mom has started on morphine, and it's hard to see the way she has subtly become more unresponsive in conversations. My dad is hit hard by it. I miss having Kurt here... :-( Need his hugs... well, now I'm dumping on you. Have yourself a wonderful weekend. yikes...don't like the looks of all that rain!!!hope the sun shines some. Hugs to you, Joyce.
My Dad used to say, "We raise our kids to be independent and then we cry when they are." So true.
Linda
Miss Joyce, I think that one day you will hear a ding-dong & I will be on your door step...
1. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit your area!!!
2. I just want to give you the biggest hug!!!!
You are a sweet, dear person & I look forward to your post every day & I hope that one day we all get to meet!! Wouldn't that be a HOOT!!
Loved Koko shoting at you, it's in their genes :) min eshot me before he could walk ~ LOL!!!!!
Prayers, love & MANY MANY hugs to you my friend!! LOVE YOU!!
Julie.. thank you so much for your words! I'm sorry you are going thru a tough and lonely time, too. I will pray for you and anytime you want to call and chat... I am here 1-360-215-4020!!! I am here for you!
Lynda... any time you want to visit... I will make a bed up for you!!!! I would absolutely love it!
Cuz Linda... your fathers words are so right. My mom still goes through times when she is sad she doesn't see us or hear from us.. and we're so aware of it that all of us kids call her at least every other day... some of us every day... and try to get over there often. She needs to feel the love and security because she isn't really feeling needed right now. She has no idea how much we still need her! Love you... hug Bob for me too!
Well, Lynda and I will both come for a hug:) It is funny, last night I was telling Marc places that I want to visit. I giggled when he said "which blogger lives there":) Hang in there dear friend, enjoy the good things and try hard to ignore the not so good things! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment