He still has no idea what is going on with his other job. They don't have a job for him or a place to put him. Keep praying they find something soon that will fit him. Please.
Enough about him... lets talk about me. lol! I started feeling better yesterday and then blah.... today happened! Probably because I had a rough night! Up late, bed and coughed, up again, back to bed with Nyquil at 3, slept til 8. Now I am all spacey, my ribs are sore. and I am clammy. Andrew said I will be better by Wednesday. Let's see what kind of profit he is... because I have Makoa tomorrow! ;D
Speaking of my health... I went ahead and did a Thanksgiving theme because I see this as a whole month to be thankful... even though we should ALWAYS be giving thanks... and this month I am writing things I am thankful for every day.
Day 2... I am thankful for pretty good health! It is something we take for granted when we are young and wish we could have back when we are old. I have lost 29 pound on my way back to good health. I thank God for another chance and thank Him for our amazing, complex bodies. Sorry I didn't take better care of what He gave me! :( I do regret it. Too many potatoes and bread and not enough walking. I love plain white food! Carbs, carbs, carbs! All the things I have to avoid now! You should see my diet changes! Most would be shocked.
"Potet Klub" It sounds nasty but it is sooo good! It is white and bland like many Norwegian dishes. But when you grow up having it only for a special treat and your dad is the happiest man on Earth because your mom went to all the trouble and mess of making it... it tastes wonderful!
The dumplings are boiled and traditionally served whole with melted butter, crispy bacon pieces, and leftovers you serve it sliced and fried."
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups potatoes, peeled and grated
|
2 tablespoons grated onion
8 ounces cooked ham, cut into 1 inch
cubes (opt. mom didn't)
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup melted butter
|
Directions:
| 1. | Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, baking powder, and pepper together in a bowl. Place the potatoes and onion in a large bowl, and stir in the flour mixture until thoroughly blended. Use floured hands to knead the potato mixture in the bowl until it takes on the quality of stiff bread dough. Add additional flour if the dough is too sticky. | ||
| 2. | Pinch off a tennis ball-sized piece of dough and shape it around a cube of ham, completely covering the ham, to form a ball. Repeat with remaining dough and ham cubes. Set aside any extra ham. | ||
| 3. | Fill a large pot with water, add 2 teaspoons salt and any extra ham, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Carefully slide the balls into the boiling water, a few at a time. Loosen any sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on a plate. Serve hot with melted butter. We added a little bacon grease on top and bacon on the side! |
Speaking of bacon... here is a bacon boy! Parker loves bacon and when papa makes it he could eat it all day! Papa makes great bacon! This is my memory picture taken 2 years ago at our Halloween slumber party!
This picture reminded me of messy hands from making that dish... which brings me to the verse of the day!
![]() |
| Being the works of God's hands makes me ashamed of how I have taken care of myself. God forgives and is helping me to become the healthier, happier person He meant for me to be. If you're struggling with weight... God is there to help you! Ask! |
I am so proud of Dylan I could burst... I can't imagine how Karla and Joel feel! It was announced he is Student of the Month for his 7th grade class (there is also a girl chosen). But to be chosen out of about 250 kids is so cool. Dylan said they go by grades, behavior, character, etc... Did I say I was proud of him?
It isn't raining today... so far! Praying I can get a walk in. Pray for Toby too. He has a small puncture on his leg and it keeps dripping blood because he keeps licking the scab off. (By the way... Toby is my dog!) I know I can get a cone... but I am just praying it heals with him leaving it alone first. I put a band-aid on it last night (no easy task) but, of course, that didn't last. lol! At least I tried.
Well... going to get some things done this morning. Have a great day and may God guide your steps! xoxo




3 comments:
Poor Papa! I am sorry he got hurt! I shopped at Walmart today and bought stuff for Birthday gifts and Christmas gifts... shhhhh dolls:)
I am thankful for good health! Yummy to the poted klub... sounds delicious!
Enjoy your day and "WAY TO GO DYLAN"! I know you are proud of hime and Karla and Joel are obviously setting a great example!
Love you bunches! HUGS!
I could eat a bucket of those things!!!! I hope papa feels better, poor thing! Hope you're feeling better too...love ya!
Poor Papa...that little doll just wanted a hug...hehe!! Prayers will be going up for him and his job!
I make chicken and dumplings all the time...may have to try those for the family one day!
Enjoy your day....love you bunches!!
XOXO
Cindy Lou
Post a Comment