WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I dare you not to yawn!!!!!


Andrew.....yawn...
Not much to write about this morning.... because I didn't do much yesterday but shower, walk, clean a bit, laundry, dinner.  Excitement.
yawn

yawn

yawn

yawn

yawn

yawn

yawn
 
yawn
Did you know my voice can put people to sleep?  I imagine my writing can too
.
But this might interest you... some things about yawns:
1. It's widely assumed that yawning occurs because we are tired or bored or because we see someone else doing it, but there isn't any hard evidence to support these beliefs. The most plausible explanation, and the one that is taught in medical school, is that we yawn because oxygen levels in our lungs are low.  However... we know it's involuntary because we do it even before we are born. Research shows that 11 week old babies in the womb yawn!  Now they're oxygen levels aren't low... so that wipes that theory out too.
2. Yawns are contagious.... when one person in a group yawns...over 1/2 of the people will yawn within 5 minutes. Blind people 'catch' a yawn when they hear it. So they'll yawn when they sense that somebody else yawned.  Even animals yawn when they see another animal yawn!
3. The average yawn lasts about 6 seconds.
4. They say if you lick your lips when you feel a yawn coming it will stop it.
What always stopped my yawns was when my mother in law would poke her finger in my mouth when I was getting ready to yawn! lol!

Have you yawned yet?

Well... staying home today and doing about the same thing as yesterday. *yawn* 

Papa is off from WalMart tonight so he will be coming home early.  He found out yesterday the job he is working during the day is done after Thanksgiving. They don't have a clue where they are planning on putting him.  Keep praying. Kapono and him shared a huge hug last week when they saw each other. Another friend called and left a message for Lanny last night... he misses him. It is sad. I'm still praying they all get back in the paint shop together!

I hope my friend, Cindy, has a wonderful birthday full of love and laughter.

I am going to sign off here with my two memory pictures and thought for the day! 
2003 First wrestling match... Dylan won!  

2008 Ryan and his kids after soccer game!
It's fine to play soccer or Monopoly... games are a blast! Especially when we win! However... you will never win when you play games with God. He does not appreciate it nor like it!  How do I know this? Personal experience.  You cannot play church on Sunday morning and the rest of the time get drunk, swear, lie, act prideful, think lustful thoughts, etc...! First of all, what kind of witness is that to others.... you appear to be a hypocrite! Secondly... have you forgot the painful beatings and slow agonizing death Jesus endured for YOU?  You have freedom now, not to live a sinful life, but to live a life that is free to worship, be forgiven and join Him in Heaven!  Are you blind? Has the world or Satan slowly enticed you? "You are not your own... you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." Don' play games with God. It's not worth it. He will win... you will lose.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Well, I have been running all day and I sure could use a good yawn! I'll be yawning in a little while and off to bed I'll go!

I sure hope Papa's job get's situated! I know all of that is stressful!

Love you bunches! Love all of your cartoons, they make me giggle:)

Julie said...

Love the pics...cute cute cute!!
LOL...my mom today lifted her arms halfway up and I said ...what's wrong mom? Do you want up? She said NO. I need to yawn...I said Okay, I'll yawn and you look at me and see if it makes you yawn..WORKED! :-)
I'm sayin a little prayer still about Papa's job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care. Hugs to you.

billypandnikkysmom said...

YAWN!!! I hear ya!! I loved the cute pic at the top of your post, STUFFING HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hope that Papa get's settled soon, must be stressful! Hope that you had a good Monday & Tuesday, I'm behind!!! Love Ya!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14