
Well, grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I love that greeting! Today is Thursday and I am so happy! It is payday, Papa has tonight off from WalMart, I have no where to go and I am starting to see a beautiful purple sunrise across the water. What an awesome day!
The downside is I will be busy figuring all this diabetes stuff out. The walking is going good. The diet is what I need to work on. Changing a carb diet to a healthy one is going to be the hardest. I met with the Diabetes specialist (Debbie) yesterday... she showed me how to use my meter to check my blood twice a day. She gave me lots of helpful handouts and I got a book... it is very simple to understand. Just everything at once yesterday was overwhelming. I was exhausted last night! Punkin and I fell asleep in the chair last night before Papa got home. I was in bed by 9! I will get this stuff figured out today. Debbie said to take it one step at a time.
Well... we got Punkin 3 years ago today! We saw an ad on Craigslist. Dylan and Maddie had gone to church with us that Sunday and after church we stopped at this apartment in Poulsbo. The lady had 2 kids... a toddler and 13 year old boy. Punkin wasn't her cat... some family moved away next door and just left her. I hate that! So this nice lady started to feed her. However, her cat hated Punkin and was cruel to her. I think the boy teased her a lot and played rough with her too. So she needed to find a home for her and the rest is history! We brought her home and she has been happy ever since. I thought about naming her freckles because of her face, but Maddie and Dylan liked Punkin' because it was close to Halloween and her colors. So that is her story.


She got upset because I took a picture of her taking a bath. lol! We call today her birthday because we got her today. She was 2 so now she is about 5 years old! Happy Birthday, Punkin!
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I went to the doctors and then I went up to Karla's and visited for about an hour. It was such a good visit. We haven't sat and just talked in a long time. I love her so much! My baby girl. :) Their family went and visited with mom last night and brought her some flowers for her birthday. She loved it!!!
Anyway.... after leaving Karla's I went down and visited with mom for about an hour. Libby arrived and we shared some laughs. We left at the same time....so mom could watch her TV show....the Closer. lol
I went to pick up Dylan at school and went to Dairy Queen for his birthday! Enjoyed talking with him! Next we went up to Maddie's school and parked the van. We walked around the whole school perimeter.... along the fence. It was over a mile. Have you ever seen the cartoon where the big dog is walking and the little one is running circles around him? That was us! He has so much energy! We talked and laughed and walked... it was awesome! Except this one part along the fence.... the path got smaller and smaller until there wasn't one! So I am holding onto the fence so I don't fall down this long bank! I started singing "Spiderman, nobody knows who you are...." from the old cartoon. Dylan said "I know who he is." He's never heard the song before. lol! Talked with my friend, Cyndi (the music teacher) outside the school waiting for Maddie.. and then Maddie came out and I got big hugs! Good to see my girl. (Maddie, not Cyndi... although she is nice she is not my girl. ;D)
Well.... best started getting into this diabetes crap. Trying to be positive about it. I have to be. It is hard because I am now diabetic forever whether I get my insulin levels down or not. I am branded with this freakin' title. I should have never let it get to this and I am mad at myself. But it is hard to drive forward when looking in the rear view mirror... so I will go where I need to go instead of worrying about where I've been.
I hope you all have a great day! Thank you for all your greetings, messages, phone calls, etc for my mom's birthday. She said "I know who loves me!" It really does show who cares, doesn't it? And so many people care about my mom! I am blessed to have her as a mom. She is amazing. Don't forget to check out her blog from her birthday on the left of this post! xoxo
4 comments:
God Bless you! Wishing you well with all these changes.
Linda
You can do it, I have faith in you! I have many diabetics in my family! My Mama was diabetic and three of the six kids are too!
I am happy you had a great day with you Mom and Sister. She is a real sweetheart!
Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS
You can do it & you must do it! Sending prayers & love your way, stay strong bloggy sis!!! Love Ya
Diabetes...Such a horrible thing..but can be controlled!! :)
I know that you can do this and yes it will be hard but I have faith in you and I know that you are stronger than this disease!! You can take control and show it who is boss! I have 3 of my siblings that are diabetics and so I know that it is a daily challenge! My mom was also diabetic and I had to give her shots!! :( I love you and I know that you will take control of this and show it who is boss!! I continue to keep you in my prayers!! Love and hugs from Georgia!!
Post a Comment