The day was different than planned which is beginning to be the norm. It started out normal enough... papa and I slept in. Then his blood pressure was low so I made him stay home and rest. I picked up Denise ...Don and Lois's daughter... they are moving over from Yakima next weekend and Denise is staying here for the week while they finish up there. Then we picked up a bored Maddie and we went to see mom.
Now is where the weirdness begins. We go into her room and I kiss her on the lips... the other two stayed back and a nurse comes in and said "Didn't you know this room is under quarantine? Didn't you see the Stop sign? " Then she took us to the nurses desk. They said they tested her for C-Diff (Clostridium difficile, often called C. difficile or "C. diff," is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications.) and we won't get the results until this morning. I was a bit freaked out.... they acted like she had the bubonic plague! I had to go brush my teeth and rinse my mouth... me, Maddie and Denise had to wash our hands good and put on gloves to go back in and no touchy. Upon researching it more.... it isn't as contagious as they made it seem.... but it is a hospital so they can react any way they want. Scared me, though! Mom didn't even know about it! The nurse then explained it to her. The symptoms are familiar:Signs and symptoms of severe infection include:
- Watery diarrhea 10 to 15 times a day
- Abdominal cramping and pain, which may be severe
- Fever
- Blood or pus in the stool
- Nausea
- Dehydration
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
At least she got a private room! lol! Of course, we didn't stay long. She was tired, too. They had done tests on her etc... I called her at dinner and she was cheerful. She had a turkey dinner with potatoes and gravy, a biscuit and apple pie! She said it looked so good!!! She ate what she could. Just got off the phone with her and she slept really good and she was having french toast and sausage for breakfast and it looked good! She said what was suppose to be hot was hot... and what was suppose to be cold was cold. lol! She sounded better! I love her so much. Will be going there in a bit. No results yet.
Lauren spent the night last night. Her and Denise played Mario and then we watched "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". It was kind of funny. Lauren loved it.
I am done. Have a great day!
2 comments:
Girl, you are really having a time up there! Hope your Mom gets all better and none of you come down with anything!
Love you bunches! HUGS!
Oh, I hope that she gets better soon! Continued prayers & a hug for you!! XOXO!
Post a Comment