So tired. Stayed with mom all day and followed her to Martha and Mary Nursing Home and got her settled in her room. Lanny met me there with earplugs for mama. Hopefully she slept better last night. She didn't sleep the night before because all her room mate did was cry and yell...and fell. So mom had a sleepless night. So glad she is out of there. Mom, Dr Kauzon, Libby and I went over the Living Will with mom and the dr and mom signed it. It is so important for all of you to do one. Lanny and I did ours a few years ago.
Having breakfast and going to see mom for a bit. So glad she is only a few blocks from her apartment! Makes it easy to pick up things for her. They want her dressed every day... not in night clothes. So we are taking her outfits... etc. She will feel better. Plus the drive to visit is only 13 miles rather than 30!
I woke up with the worse leg cramps during the night! Must be because all I have been doing is walking and walking and walking. Lots of walking. It's good for me but my muscles are saying "ow!" Plus that darn cat wants to sleep with me every night now! What's with that? She was sleeping against my back at one point! I rolled over to pet her and she got down. lol! I would say we need a bigger bed for the pets... but when they snuggle against us it wouldn't matter! I am wondering how people do it!
The funniest and weirdest thing happened to my sister, Libby, yesterday! Her, son Emerson and husband Kevin were having morning coffee and they get a knock at their door. Two men dressed in army fatigues were at the door. Libby thought it was for Jerry's Kids or something. They asked her if she was knew there were deer in her front yard. She said yes. He asked if they could "harvest" one. She couldn't believe it. Of course she said no. Who would go into a residential neighborhood and ask to kill one of your deer that hangs out? Emerson said rhey should go hunt like real mee! In the woods!
Speaking of deer... I love these pictures of this rare black deer with it's mama and twin! How cool is that???



Well... I ate and now off to the home. Hope you have a blessed Sunday! xoxo
3 comments:
Happy to hear that your Mom made it to Mary and Martha's. I pray she will get adjusted to her new surroundings and get some rest! It is awful to have your sleep disturbed by ANYTHING or ANYONE! Earplugs should help, I always have a fan running by my bed to drown out any noise!
Enjoy your Sunday and hopefully lots of family will visit your Mom today! HUGS!
I do hope things will be much better for your mama now Joyce...
It sounds like the travel is already much better for you. I have problems with restless leg syndrome, and walking the dogs every night does help it, so if I go without walking, it acts up. But sounds like your problem is from walking on them TOO much. Hope those poor dawgs get some rest this week. :-)
Have a good Monday - Loved the little fawn!
I hope that your mama get to feeling better real soon! I know it is hard and you hate to see them not feeling well!! But you are such a wonderful daughter and you take such wonderful care of her!! You will always be glad you did!! I know that I am happy that I did everything that I did for both my mama and daddy! I hope that she is able to get some rest and maybe you too!! Blessings from Georgia...Love ya bunches!!
Post a Comment