WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to the hospital.....



This is how I am hoping mama looks soon.... happy and laughing!

wow... what can I say about yesterday. You know, when you have one of those days and all seems planned out... then it all changes? That was my day.

It started out by going to pick mom up for her physical therapy. I get to her apartment and she is in bed SO sick! I call 911. While we were waiting... I am holding her hands and close to her face and she is staring at me. I said "You are looking at my messy hair, aren't you?" She said "No, I like your hair and your eyes. You are so beautiful." That was weird. Nice but strange. She also told me she thought she was going to die and started crying. I told her she wasn't and started praying together. The paramedics arrive and take her to Harrison Silverdale Hospital. Thankfully Lanny is with me the whole day yesterday!!!! He is amazing! We get to the hospital and they take blood and urine samples and monitor her. All her vitals were great. Almost perfect. Her coloring was better than I had seen it in a while. Things looked good but she hadn't eaten enough to keep a mouse alive and she was super weak. The doctor finally comes in and tells us she is severely anemic. What? Didn't anybody check for that before? So they sent her to Harrison Bremerton Hospital for overnight treatment. We got to the hospital and they had a room ready. We went to her room (nice room by the way) and got her comfy. We stayed for a bit and then let her sleep. I called before bed and they had been busy with her. They put the massaging things on her legs to prevent blood clots. They were getting ready to start a full blood transfusion. They won't give her food because they are going to do GI Endoscopy (camera down the the throat) and see why she is anemic and what is up with her stomach. She thinks they may do a colonoscopy also. Mom wants them to check out everything and make her better before she leaves this time! Can't blame her! She is tired of it all.
Anemia sure explains alot about mom's health! I should have thought of this.... I was very anemic at one time... and I know how it makes you feel. We'll be back at the hospital this morning. I am tired but thankful they may help her now!!!
Needless to say, I didn't get to see Makoa. Maybe this weekend. ;(

I am going to leave you with this. Here is something to share with you in case you have symptoms.... check it out:

Because a low red blood cell count decreases oxygen delivery to every tissue in the body, anemia may cause a variety of signs and symptoms. It can also make almost any other underlying medical condition worse. If anemia is mild, it may not cause any symptoms. If anemia is slowly ongoing (chronic), the body may adapt and compensate for the change; in this case there may not be any symptoms until the anemia becomes more severe.

Symptoms of anemia may include the following:

  • Fatigue

  • decreased energy

  • weakness

  • shortness of breath

  • lightheadedness

  • palpitations (feeling of the heart racing or beating irregularly)

  • looking pale

Symptoms of severe anemia may include:

Some of the signs that may indicate anemia in an individual may include:

  • Change in stool color, including black and tarry stools (sticky and foul smelling), maroon-colored, or visibly bloody stools if the anemia is due to blood loss through the gastrointestinal tract.

  • rapid heart rate

  • low blood pressure

  • rapid breathing

  • pale or cold skin

  • yellow skin called jaundice if anemia is due to red blood cell breakdown

  • heart murmur

3 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

OH Joyce, I am sorry...I'll say a prayer & send a hug your way! Love to you, stay strong!

Theresa said...

Hang in there sweet friend! I am praying things look up for all of you! I know your Mom is tired of all this and ready to feel better!

Love you all!

Tracy said...

Joyce, try to be tough for your Mom! I am so sorry she is having trouble. I, too, hope she is laughing and enjoying all the kids soon! Take care of you so you can take care of her! Love you!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14