WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our dog Tobias

Well... it is 1:45 a.m. Haven't slept yet tonight. My stomach hurts from coughing. I'm not that bad during the day but at night when I lay my head on that pillow it starts! Papa is sleeping so good tonight I don't want to keep him awake. I avoided taking Nyquil again because I didn't want to be groggy.... finally gave in 20 minutes ago.... so if this starts to not make sense... you either won't notice or it is the medicine. lol At least my tree is pretty at night!
I don't have lots to say. Not much going on.... cleaned in my room and stuff today. I can talk about my baby boy! Toby cracks me up. He is the best company during the day. Here is a picture of him looking out the window for papa. Notice he is stepping on the clock/radio. Papa had to fix the time. haha!
I think this cold weather is getting to him. When he goes out he has figured out a quick way in... get my attention! So he will lay at the door so his toe nails hit the metal of the doorway and I hear it. He is pretty smart! But I think he is bored lately. Here he is tearing up his Santa (again). Papa keeps sewing it but it is almost beyond hope.
Now he's taken up watching the news! Not sure why.... I think he would prefer a cooking show or the Dog Whisperer.... but nope!

Today Jordan plays her instrument in the mall.... Christmas songs! I need to sleep to be ready to go! It should be good. It was last year. We actually have a pretty restful weekend coming up. I am looking forward to it!

Our church was on the news yesterday! You can see the inside and outside of our church and our friends Pastor Paul, Kristina and Bri talk to the reporter!
Our friend, Cindy Lou in Georgia just got word her son may be on his way to Afghanistan. Please keep him i your prayers.... but I think mama is going to need it the most.

Well.... starting to type with my eyes closed. So, I best go!

I did want to share this song with you... our kids sang it at church and did an amazing job!
It only takes a spark to get a fire going.
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing.
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it,
You spread His love to everyone;
You want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring, when all the trees are budding;
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming.
That's how it is with God's love;
Once you've experienced it,
You want to sing, "It's fresh like spring",
You want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I've found.
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound.
I'll shout it from the mountain top,
I want the world to know;
The Lord of love has come to me,
I want to pass it on.

I hope you enjoy your weekend.... here is my memory picture of me and oldest brother Rick when I was 2. He didn't want to give me too much room, did he. lol!
What's Next:
The big weather story for the next few days will be the cold temperatures across western Washington. Overnight lows will drop into the 20s over most of the area Friday night.
The weekend starts on a dry note Saturday under partly cloudy skies. Afternoon highs will be in the middle to upper 30s.
There is a chance we'll see snow flurries developing through Sunday morning. We are not expecting any accumulation of snow over Puget Sound.Monday and Tuesday will be sunny but very chilly. Colder than normal temperatures stay in the forecast through the middle of next week.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Love your Christmas tree! It is just gorgeous! Toby is cute and should be on TV watching the news:) and looking for his Papa! Hope you feel better and got a little sleep so you will enjoy the concert. Have a blessed day and thanks for the Prayer requests for Justin and Cindylou! Love you!

Kelly said...

Your tree is very pretty indeed. Have fun at the concert. I love to see the children perform for Christmas.

Cindy Lou said...

Your tree is beautiful and I hope that you have a great time going to hear Christmas music at the mall!! I love Christmas music!!! Thanks for all the prayers...You are very special to me!! Have a great day!xoxp

Tracy said...

Hi Joyce. I hope the concert is great. That is pretty exciting! Your decor looks great and I love Toby standing on the alarm clock, having no idea that it is anything more than a step!
~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry you are feeling bad, but I can not take NyQuil either for the same reason. Have you tried TheraFlu? That is the one I can take and not feel bad at all the next day. You can get the kind you mix with water or the liquid that is warming when you take it. Good stuff. Give it a try! Have a great day! ((((((((Hugs from Ga.))))))))

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas pictures, especially Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus.
Your tree is beautiful.
Linda

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14