
Nothing is more spectacular than a sunrise or sunset. So beautiful. As many pictures as I've posted you can tell I love them. And I love this verse too. Went good for the day. I am trying to live my life according to this verse..... like my dad did.
Yesterday was a great day! Thank you for your prayers for the cell phone. God is good! I had Maddie, Andrew and Lauren here yesterday. Ryan told Andrew NO computer until he found his cell phone. I've been looking for days.... in every room under everything. We started tipping furniture upside down looking again. He flipped my recliner and pulled back the Velcro on the back and there it was stuck in there!!!! No wonder we didn't feel it with our fingers and it didn't drop out on the ground. He was jazzed! So was I! He immediately called his dad. Took the kids home after awhile and then took Maddie to her Meet the Teacher night. It was awesome. Her teacher is really nice. It is a nice classroom and Maddie knew all but one kid in her class. She is so popular and social! Walking to the van so many people yelled HI MADDIE! Got to see Cyndi last night.... she is the music teacher at Maddie's school and a real sweetheart. We chatted for a bit. Lauren called after her Meet The Teacher and was soooo happy. She already knows her teacher... it is the one that taught her first grade reading last year! So she was excited! Dylan also did good at his Middle School Orientation. He said at first he didn't think he'd like it .... but now he does... after he looked around and he said all his teachers are really nice. It is cool that he is seeing kids from the years he played baseball that were indifferent grade schools! He found all his classes and locker already. Sooooo cool... but makes me sad. All our grand kids are doing so good.... the parents are doing good jobs! Super proud of everyone.
Maddie slept with me last night. We were in bed by 9:30 and I think she was asleep by 9:35! She was tired. She slept great. Me.... not so much. Papa slept in his chair. How could he resist giving up his bed???? She said she missed him so much and she was laying on the couch with his blanket because it made her feel closer to him until he came home last night. She's good. lol!
One thing I've had a hard time learning and I am now trying to help the grand kids with is to mind their own business. It seems like when one kid says "Mam, can we yada yada yada?" someone else always answers for me. So I am saying "It's NYB!" (not your business). They sooooo hate that! lol! One of my pleasures in life. I really love bugging my grand kids. But they love bugging me too.... so it works two ways! :D I adore them so much!
Papa is going in for an Echo this morning. He is nervous. He never gets nervous over anything so it is kind of odd. Keep him in your prayers. Thats all the plans today! Except cleaning! My house is a mess. It would be nice to clean before the weekend I am thinking. And making a meatloaf and casserole to freeze. I hope you all have productive and fun days this weekend full of love and laughter. And I strongly urge you to open a facebook account. It is so fun, so free, and it can be so private and only your friends can see you. Let me know if you do it.... I will be your friend. You'll be amazed how many people you know are on it! (Of course I blame facebook for getting that stupid song in my head.... saw lime trees and coconut trees on my farm.... optional thing) God bless!!!!
Weather:
A cooler, wetter Labor Day weekend arrives. Rain and breezy cool weather our way Saturday through Monday. Rain Saturday, showers Sunday and Labor Day, with highs in the low to mid 60s. Tuesday will be drier and warmer, near 70.
2 comments:
Can't wait to hear about the kids' first day of school!
Hi Friend, Miss my comment yesterday? I am out of town and not much time to blog! Anyway, thought I would let you know I didn't run away:) Tell me about the meatloaf casserole.. sounds delish! The kids sound like they had a great open-house for school! Love you and hope Papa's results will be great!
Post a Comment