WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A job??? For me??? Maybe!!!!


I think I may have a job! I received an email yesterday afternoon that started out:

Welcome Aboard, Joyce!
You have been approved as a Substitute for North Kitsap School District.
You will be required to attend a new substitute orientation meeting before you start working. It will be held in the Administration Building 300 (the one that will be facing you as you pull in to the parking lot).
During this meeting you will also complete your payroll paperwork, so bring your social security card, picture ID and a voided check. You will also be receiving some information about some of the districts’ policies that you will need to familiarize yourself with.
If you have not been fingerprinted within the last two years, we will need to take care of that at the end of this orientation. There will be a $50.00 charge for this to be paid at the orientation.

etc., etc., etc.....

So.... I know nothing else. I don't know what I'd be a substitute for.... I had put clerical/secretarial on my paperwork. I'm not a qualified teacher or bus driver... so I can't sub there. Papa is really excited for me .... but I am being cautiously optimistic. Even after I get a job alot could happen and I could lose it. Last night Amanda called me 'Negative Nancy'. I suppose I am.... but rejection always hurts from anyone. I need to change my attitude, huh. We'll see on the 16th when I go for orientation. I am a bit excited. Although I am afraid to get too excited. My hope is in Him.

Andrew sent me that video.... I hope you enjoyed it. It isn't even a minute long but so cute! I've been guilty of what the dad did.... laughing. Especially with Maddie... oh, she gets mad!

Andrew, Lauren, Dylan and Maddie are the last of the grand kids to start school! They start today! They are all excited.... and so are the parents! I always get a little sad this time of year. I miss packing lunches and the kids putting on their new clothes and saying goodbye to them the first day of school. The feelings of excitement and then waiting for them to come home to tell me about their day.... who was in their class, about their teachers, lockers, new friends, etc.... {sigh} Those were the days.









Well.... I am sad. My microwave broke. We heard this loud noise last night as Papa was using it and it died. Very sad. If anyone has a spare they want to give us... it would be appreciated. We got the last two from Meghan and Candice. We don't believe in buying them. lol. Just kidding. It's just other things take priority....like bills and a $50 fee for fingerprinting coming up.

Cleaned yesterday. Started moving things to expose the heater vents in the floor. Tables etc covering them doesn't really let the heat out. Haven't had to turn the heat on yet.... but I am sure but the end of the month it will have to come on.

We have this huge grey squirrel hanging out in our yard. Lanny wants Toby to chase it off and he is trying his best!!!! They will start finding places in your house to hibernate.... like they did under my mom's house. I can't afford exterminators so Toby needs to scare him enough to get him movin' along to another neighborhood.

Ok.... I shouldn't have posted that about my med's. I've been getting chewed out ever since! My sister, Lois, called yesterday and really nailed me. At least my mom doesn't know. Her lecture would be longer than Lois's! Even my Georgia friends jumped on the bandwagon! I PROMISE I WILL NOT DOCTOR MY MEDICATIONS MYSELF ANYMORE. Ok? I just seem to think I know what I am doing sometimes. I hate for my medical degree to go to waste. lol :D

I love my mom's cat.... Mr Morrison. So I was really upset when she told me what happened. The cat wakes up at 5 am for breakfast (thanks to papa's conditioning) and then mom will let him out and lay back down. The other morning she heard a bark.... looked out on her deck and the crazy neighbor lady's two boxers had Mr M cornered on the deck!!!! They ran off when she opened the door.... but I don't trust those dogs! What if they had gotten Mr M????? What if they went after mom???? Mom called and left her a message..... but never heard back. No apology, not a thing! Mom doesn't want to push it too hard because I think she is a bit afraid of this unstable woman. Who knows what she would do. If it happens again.... I'll call the humane society. I did it in my old neighborhood when the neighbors dog did that to my cat on my porch. Had to go to court and then the officer didn't even show up... just me, the lady, and the judge. She got fined $500. I am not a nasty person.... this just happened over and over and over in our neighborhood. I keep my dog fenced.... for his own protection and so he isn't a nuisance to others. Now, my cat.... can't do nothing about him. Uncontrollable. Anyway, Mr. Morrison is physically ok .... but now he won't leave mom's side! He sits on high places and seems scared. Poor baby.

Well..... this made me smile.... I love these cat pictures!

Well, hope you have a great day! May God bless you with sonshine in your heart on this cloudy day!

Weather To Expect:
Showers for Wednesday before summer weather returns. Temps in the mid to upper 60s.
Thursday: morning clouds and mostly sunny afternoon... back up into the mid 70s.
Friday: sunny with a high of 84 degrees.
Saturday: stays sunny and warm with low 80s.
We'll keep it dry on Sunday with a few clouds and mid 70s.






6 comments:

suzanne said...

Yay, Joyce! Don't comment much, but I do soo hope things work out with your job. My Mom can be a Debbie Downer sometimes, too! Must be something about y'alls generation. HA! Just joking! Best of luck with the "potential" job!

Theresa said...

Hope the job works out for you! I know how you really want to work. Love to all and have a blessed day!

Cindy Lou said...

I sure hope all works out for the job!!! Have a great day!! And remember good things come to those that wait!! :)

Kelly said...

Can't wait to hear about the potential job. Must be something. Don't be Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer, either one. Try being uh, Positive Patsy!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job. I hope it works out well.
I hate it when people don't take care of their dogs and just let them wonder. We have a few here that do that. Luckily so far they all seem nice.
Glad all the g-kids are liking school. That is really cool that Emma and Lauren are in the same class.
Karen

Anonymous said...

No more switching meds Joyce!!! I can tell you a thing or two about that. Ok, I am saying it. You asked for a reminder......GET ON THE TREADMILL AND OFF OF FB!!!

Renee

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14