WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Farming, fasting and fall

Papa is now a potato farmer! I don't mean on Facebook.... in real life! He tried what some guys told him at work except on a smaller scale. He planted potatoes in two buckets and let the one bucket go until the plant died.... turned it upside down and voila!!!!
Here are his two potatoes.... one for each of us. We were joking about how to cook them... bake, fry, french fries, mashed.... just can't decide. lol Maybe his next batch they will come out bigger? Maybe we have a new respect for potato farmers.

Fasting this morning. I have to get my blood drawn. I want coffee. My mouth is dry. I am getting hungry (which I never do if I have coffee in the morning). I am an addict. I only have 2 cups a day.... but you can be sure I am taking it with me and as the blood goes out the caffeine will go in this morning. Papa is so sweet.... my coffee is ready to heat and go with me. Thanks papa!

Last day of September! Seven paydays until Christmas. Wow.... not much time.

Worked at Lauren's school again yesterday! Only one recess... get lots of hugs from her and Suzanne and Jessica.... I think even Emma is warming up.... she looked at me and smiled. lol!
It was cold and windy. I was layered. Fall is here.
Dr. Chun called me yesterday.... she wants me to get a full blood work up to find out what is going on. Especially to check my anemia. Think it is acting up again. She also wants me to record my weight and blood pressure every day for a while. hmmmm. I will obey.

Talked to Dylan yesterday but didn't get to see him. I'm sure he had a great birthday! We're having a party over here on Saturday!

Hope you all have a great day today! Stay warm! God bless and protect you!

Weather To Expect:
Partly to mostly sunny skies today with high temperatures still on the chilly side with upper 50s and low 60s. Showers will start moving in later tonight with rain increasing Thursday as a cold front sweeps across our area. Showers will continue through Friday with temperatures holding in the upper 50s and low 60s for the rest of your work week. Right now the weekend is looking drier. A few showers will still hold for Saturday with upper 50s. Sunday stays dry with more sunshine. High temperatures are expected to climb back up into the mid to low 60s.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I am laughing so hard at the potatoes! Did you end up cooking them or just save them as the "first of many"?

Denise said...

I so understand about the coffee.I am a total addict.I was at Gma's and hadn't had any coffee that morning.Got a raging headache and felt sick to my stomach and discretly hurled outside.Came in and Gma said she had bought me my creamer I used.Great big sweet smile.What to do?! I was sick!! Smiled back and poured a cup I wasn't goping to drink but did.Not 1/3 into that cup and headache and rotton tum vanished.I never don't have at least one cup now.Mmmmcooofffeeee...

Theresa said...

Those are the cutest little taters! Papa did good:) You know how I am with my coffee so I totally feel for you. Hope all your bloodwork comes out OK. Love to all and have a blessed day!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14