WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, September 11, 2009

Have we forgotten?

Today is a sad day in our history. It is a day we lost so many American lives because of evil in this world. Today many lost their loved ones. Today we united briefly as a county... proud to be Americans and hand in hand with everyone! The United States of America actually was united. Sadly, it didn't last. September 11th is a day we will all remember exactly where we were when we heard the awful news. I was home and Amanda called me. I didn't have the TV or radio on so I didn't have a clue what was going on. I cried in shock and sadness with the rest of America. I was glued to the TV. I remember the eerie feeling of not hearing any planes in the sky that day. The whole experience was so surreal. It is called the 102 minutes that changed America. Or did it? It changed how our security is..... it changed many peoples lives. But it reminds me of when we sin.... we beg God's forgiveness and if we really learned nothing nor changed.... we will do it again. Our country seems to have forgotten. Everyone is angry at each other... democrats against republicans, religion against religion, family members against family members, drivers against drivers.... it really makes me sad. I pray for peace and love to reign in our hearts.... and forgiveness.
Here is a 4 minute video from the History Channel to help us remember the timeline. Our grandchildren need to remember this historic event... the reason some things changed:
http://www.history.com/video.do?name=911&bcpid=1758282190&bclid=1759767575&bctid=1170502583

Did anyone watch that interview the other night with Jon Gosselin (from Jon and Kate plus 8). I had so many mixed emotions during the show. I was mad at some of the stuff he said ... he didn't screen his mouth at ALL! Example: he despises Kate, he loves Hailey Glassman more than he ever loved Kate, how Kate was abusive, how he was the only one who tried to save the marriage, etc.... Even if all of this is true.... DID HE HAVE TO SAY IT OUT LOUD IN FRONT OF EVERYONE??? For pity sake! While I don't agree with the divorce ...I can totally understand why he left her.... 1. He is immature.... and 2. She wasn't nice to him. She belittled him in front of people, criticized him, was always crabby and snappy. Men need to be respected and appreciated and loved. IF they don't feel they are getting that at home.... someone else will give it to them. They don't have to go searching... it will happen. Wives... you need to have a loving, happy spirit at home. Make them want to come home & spend time with you! When you show that kind of love you will get it in return! I felt sorry for the way she treated him!!!! Dogs are treated with more respect than that! That is why the mixed emotions. I've seen marriages turn around when women treat their husbands better.... I've experienced it myself! I admit I wasn't always the nicest wife.... but I have turned around and so has he! We joke around and laugh alot more. We are more in love than ever! Many say their husband doesn't deserve respect. Bull. He is your husband. He does. As head of the home.. he does. You may not feel it, but you should show it... just like you would the President or your boss. Trust me... your attitude can turn things around. Stop being a crab! You set the tone for your whole house!!! The old saying "If mama ain't happy... no body's happy!" Is sooooo true! Ask yourself: Do I look like this?
or do I look like this.....
How are your kids going to remember your home??? Will your husband still be in the home? How long will your kids want to be in the home? Treat each other with respect and love! That's all I got on that subject.

On a lighter note... IF you are a Big Brother fan like me ....you can vote for who you want to win... I posted the link to the right above Karla's blog. I am going for Jordan.... because she is nice. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but definitely the sweetest southern girl that's ever played the show!

After Big Brother I was laying in bed flipping through channels and I don't usually watch Oprah but I saw her announce the Black Eyed Peas and stopped to watch. It was the coolest things. I love when groups dance and this was so awesome. Good job Chicago! I love the Black Eyed Peas. Not some of their language in some songs but they do rock.

I want to wish a very happy birthday to cousin Renee! She is actually Lanny's cousin's daughter, but she is our cousin. We love Renee, admire her, and pray for her! Have a wonderful birthday, Renee!

Here is what I woke up to. These are the Cascade mountains.... the mountains you have to cross to get to Heather. :( Wish she was on this side! She called her dad last night and convinced him to see the doctor if he wasn't feeling better today. He stayed home and is sleeping so that is a start. Thanks Heath!!!

Best go for now..... got stuff to do. Sound like Kev, huh? I've heard that line out of his mouth more than any other! Have a great day and weekend!!!!


Weather To Expect:

TODAY: Temperatures at record levels this afternoon... into the mid to low 80s.

SATURDAY: another sunny day with mid 80s holding strong.

SUNDAY: Will stay dry through the weekend. The dry weather looks to hold into early next week with some morning clouds and afternoon sun Monday and Tuesday with mid 70s.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hey Friend, I am glad you put me back on your sidebar:) I have been watching lots of videos and pictures this morning about the attack on the World Trade Ctr. I remember exactly where I was and will never forget it. We need to keep those visions in our heads and hearts so it will stay fresh and be nicer like we were then.

Loved the black-eyed pea video! I try to keep my home happy! My honey and I are like two peas in a pod (same in good ways and differnet in good ways).

Love to all!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14