WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wonderful Picnic!!!!

The sisters are together.... very emotional day! Tears of happiness.... laughter... it was awesome!
I brought deviled eggs.... thanks to Lauren helping me!
Picked up mom and got stuck in I-5 traffic. Took a few missed turns but finally arrived. To see my Aunts face when mom walked into the gate was priceless. I was holding on to mom with Lois so I couldn't get a picture. I think someone did and I will post it. We were all in tears!
We had an added bonus! Landon (Aunt Lorraine's grandson) and his wife Erica came from Portland. He is June's son. We had a great time getting to know them. Great people... so sweet. They followed us home to mom's and visited awhile.
Lois, Don and Denise came.... Don and Lois weren't feeling well... so I am so happy they all made it!
And my brother Rick and his wife Connie made it again this year! It's the only time I see my sister-in-law! She is a busy lady!
Mom and her daughter.... nice face mom!
Have to have a picture of me and my favorite cousin, Bob! I don't know if you can see my eyes... beet red and watery! Allergies leading into infections? Woke up with my right eye sealed shut again today. grr. Good thing we look awesome in this picture though! lol!
And here I am with his daughter, Amy! I love Amy! She is my girl!
Amy's husband, Jon is cooking and has tons of friends at his feet. There are alot of dogs there... everyone brings their dogs. The dogs have a blast.
Aunt Lorraine is happy with her grandchildren there; Landon and wife Erica, Lindsey (who brought her out from South Dakota) and my Aunt (who looks happier than this picture shows!)
Our family... impossible to get a decent photo... Lanny got off the deck and Rick was oblivious to the fact we were taking a picture. He was visiting with someone and kept getting up to get some dessert.
But here is some of us.... Denise, me, Aunt Lorraine, Lanny, Mom, Lois and Don, Connie and Rick.
The DeLay family.... Bob, Holly, Dale, Larry and Michael.
Mom saying goodbye to Bob.
Our family wrestler (seriously) Grant... is taking his Aunt Elaine to the car. So sweet. Lois behind them making sure she wouldn't fall. Grant is a pretty strong guy... don't think she was going anywhere. lol!
The ride home was a blast! Aunt Lorraine and I sat in the back and she is talking really good! I had no trouble understanding her. When I couldn't I would give her a blank look and we would burst out laughing. I laughed so hard on the way home! Got to mom's apartment and got all 7 of us inside after introductions all the way through the lobby. lol! We visited for awhile and then left. Came home, posted, pictures and slept.
And here I am.
My brain is in a fog! I was exhausted, took Nyquil and was in bed by 8:30. Woke up at almost 8:30... 12 hours later. Makes me more tired. I could go to sleep right now! lol!

Hope you have a very nice Sunday. Going to mom's again. If we wake up enough. ;D

3 comments:

Theresa said...

What a wonderful day! I am so happy that those two Sisters got to see each other! I know they were both so disappointed when the last trip got canceled! It sure looks like you all had a great time with the family!

Enjoy your day and rest a lot after that busy Saturday:) HUGS!

Anonymous said...

So thankful to you and Lanny for bringing Aunt Elaine. What wonderful, considerate people you both are! We are so lucky to be related to you.
Love you both very much,
Linda

billypandnikkysmom said...

Oh I cried just reading & looking at your pcitures! What a beautiful day & what a beautiful post! Hope you have a great night! Blessings & hugs to you XOXO!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14