WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, August 23, 2010

Bouncing back slow....

I see blue sky! That is a good sign, isn't it? I still feel a bit tired. Of course, I got up at 5. duh!

Quiet day on Sunday ...still in recovery from Saturday! Lanny thinks my stress levels were too high Saturday and that is what wiped me out. I was stressed. I was worried about mom. She was so quiet on the way there and even back. I put on an old Southern gospel CD which had her singing and tapping her fingers. I think I probably stressed her. I worried about the ride and Lanny's driving... with mom being on coumadin (blood thinner) and so frail... of course I would worry. It didn't help the nurse saying a blow to the head and that could be it for her! Can you imagine what an air bag could have done to her? Plus I worried there ... if she was getting too tired.... when she needed to leave... if she was eating.... the list goes on. I need to stop.... but she is my mama. How do you stop? It is like trying not to worry about your kids... no matter how old they are! I was still feeling the effects til last night with neck pain, headache, chest pain... just pain and exhaustion every where. Wish I had help with Makoa today. I will just have to suck it up and smile!UPDATE: I am so sad.... Makoa's mama has today off.... no baby. Who will make me smile and laugh today? I will miss him... haven't seen him since Wednesday. Oh well..... it is what it is. I guess I will go visit the sisters. Maybe they will make me laugh, huh?

Yesterday papa went back to sleep for awhile in the morning and did some things around here. When we were going to mom's the bridge it was closed! A sub went through and on a Sunday afternoon... that makes traffic problems pretty bad. Navy doesn't care about our traffic problems or my schedule! lol. We left an hour later... still a lot of traffic but we got to mom's. Visited for awhile and then I took Lindsey out driving around... met Karla and saw Poulsbo. Took her to Albertson's to buy some dinner for the sisters. She walked home from there.... needed to get some fresh air. ;D

I hope you all have a good day. I am going to mom's after my day with Makoa! Enjoy!Remember this...
You don't drown by falling in deep water.... you drown by staying there.


4 comments:

Theresa said...

Well my friend, I hope you recover from that busy weekend and enjoy the day! Go hang with the Sisters, I bet the WILL make you smile just seeing them enjoying being together!

Have a blessed day dear Joyce! Love you!

Cindy Lou said...

Well to worry about our parents are just what we all do at a certain point!! I am sure that you both probably had each other stressing a little bit!! I am glad you enjoyed your time...enjoy this day!! Love ya!!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Gee, your post from the night before was so happy & up! I'm sorry to hear that you were having some anxiety! Hope you are feeling better :) get some rest! Have a great night, prayers for your mom & hugs to you ((((((HUGS))))))!!!

Julie said...

Your mama's hours, moments, days and weeks are resting right in the Shepherd's Hand...When one of the sheep are too weak or in recovery from an injury...what does HE tell us HE does...He carries them. Jesus called Himself The Good Shepherd so that we could have a true picture of His constant watch and guiding and care for every sheep in His flock. Not one is out from under His watchful eye. That is how the Lord wanted us to identify and be confident in His love. What a very lovely word picture He gave us. I know He is carefully watching over your mama and HE does not want you to take on the burden of Shepherd. He just wants you to love her and trust Him for her health and welfare. Do your doting daughter part, but do NOT WORRY and FRET. Your mama is in THE GREAT PHYSICIAN'S HANDS. And so is my mama... Hugs and love and empathizing thoughts coming your way.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14