WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Are ya hungry???? Don't look then!

It is Saturday and we all slept in until 9:00! We... meaning me, papa and Lauren. Amanda picked Lauren up an hour later for a playdate! Andrew had a 21 hour sleepover with all the ASB officers at the high school... probably to do some planning for the upcoming year. So Lauren and Sandy came over and spent the night. I taught Lauren the card game "Kings In the Corner". When I was first teaching her.... during the first game she threw her cards on the table and said "See Ya!" when she saw Gregory outside on his bike. I was ditched!
Papa brought dinner home so after we ate we played 3 games and she really kicked my butt every time!!! I couldn't believe her luck. This morning I beat her. ;D We only played one but I won!!! She is growing up.... I can tell because she didn't pout. lol!

Just watched Man vs. Food... Adam finished the 72 ounce steak in Texas. That is pretty good. The show also showed the best Chicken Fried Steak ever! I LOVE Chicken Fried Steak but I'm not so good at making it. I guess that is a good thing or we would be eating it every day! lol!


The Challenge: Eat a 72 oz. steak, with sides (bread roll with butter, potato, ranch beans, shrimp cocktail, and salad) in less than one hour.

Result: Adam completed the challenge in 29 minutes.

Winner: MAN

The Challenge: Eat a 12-pound burger, which includes 5 pounds of hamburger, 2 pounds of bacon and cheese, 5 pounds of fries, and a giant pickle.

Result: Of the over 1,500 people who have attempted to eat this burger, no one has succeeded. Adam included.

Winner: FOOD


Papa and I were wondering how he could eat the steak, baked potato, salad, roll and not eat the burger!

I read about Adam and thought this was interesting:

Series host Adam Richman grew up in Brooklyn, New York, completed his undergraduate degree in International Studies at Emory University in Atlanta, GA, and earned a master's degree from the Yale School of Drama. A self-educated food expert, since 1995 he has kept a travel journal including each of the restaurants he visited and what he learned from the trip. Although described as "a bit on the husky side", to maintain his health while indulging for the show, Richman exercises twice a day while he's on the road. When the schedule permits, he does not eat the day before a challenge and he tries to stay "crazy hydrated" by drinking lots of water or club soda and forgoing coffee or soft drinks. After taping for a challenge is complete, Richman spends an hour or so on a treadmill, telling the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Being sedentary is incredibly uncomfortable. Despite the fact that the first 10 minutes or 15 minutes on the treadmill might suck, it actually does alleviate a lot of pressure, and you feel better.


Here are some more pig outs....
1. Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub

Location: Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Food Challenge: If you have two people and three hours, take on the Beer Barrel Belly Buster. The 15-pound burger includes a 20-inch patty, 17-inch bun, two onions, a head of lettuce, 25 slices of cheese, three tomatoes, mayo, mustard, relish and ketchup. Finish the challenge in three hours and it's completely free! If you can't finish the burger, it'll cost you $49.95.

2. Jack 'n Grill
Location: Denver, Colorado
Food Challenge: As seen on the Travel Channel's popular "Man vs Food" show, the famous Jack-n-Grill seven-pound burrito eats more like a casserole than a burrito. Women who complete the challenge receive free food for life at Jack 'n Grill. Only three women have ever finished the challenge and word on the street is they never returned for more.

3. Papa Bob’s Bar-B-Que
Location: Bonner Springs, Kansas
Food Challenge: Finish the Ultimate Destroyer -- a giant 12-inch sandwich with a half-pound pulled pork, half-pound hickory-smoked sliced pork, and two slices of bread -- and Papa Bob's will refund your $45 entry fee.

31. Fat Sandwich Company
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Food Challenge: Eat a Big, Fat and Ugly in under 15 minutes and it's free. This includes two rolls, four cheeseburgers, double cheesesteak, chicken cheesesteak, gyro meat, grilled chicken, bacon sausage, mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese bites, fried mushrooms, jalapeno poppers, pizza bites, onion rings, hash browns, mini corn dogs, American cheese, mayo ketchup poppers and pizza bites.

Why do you think Americans are so fat? lol! Have a great day and eat your heart out! ;D

3 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

I love that show!!!!! Well, until he starts the pigout then I have to change it :? HAve a great day, hugs to you!!

Cindy Lou said...

I have never seen that show but will have to look it up!! Some of those things don't look like anyone would be able to eat them ALL!!! Enjoy your evening...love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I love that show. Adam is pretty funny. He ate the 12 egg omlet and hashbrowns at Beth's near Green Lake. I have been by there, but never stopped.
Karen

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14