WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, August 16, 2010

church and errands in the heat.....


It has been pretty hot around here! God is good! He sees the leaves are needing to turn color soon and so he turned up the heat around here. I don't mind it though. It is cooler in Paradise Bay by about 5- 10 degrees in the summer because we are closer to the water. On our way home yesterday it was 90 at Karla's ... crossing the bridge you could feel the difference and the gadget on my van that tells the temp outside got down to 76! That was awesome. It climbed back up some by the time we got home. Poor Dylan text me last night and said it was 80 in his room with the fan going! I suggested he get a cold wet rag. Those help for anything! lol! Like I said ... the only two people I know with air conditioning around here is mom and tara! This is our air conditioning!
Yesterday was a good day. Went to church in the morning... it was great seeing Bob and Nancy at the door! We saw Glenn and Elissa, Kurt, Susan, Vern and Carol, Melody and lots more people! It was nice! Papa stayed upstairs.... I stayed downstairs with Lauren and Maddie in KidQuest! I can't believe how Susan is holding it all together .... practically by herself! Pray for her!

Went to my mom's and dropped off laundry, picked up her shopping list and the girls and I shopped while Papa stayed in mom's AC apartment and visited with her. lol! When we were done we took Maddie home, took Lauren to her mom at WalMart, and came home!!!! I took an hour nap.... Papa put a bulb in my headlight and washed vehicles! He just couldn't let it go one weekend! lol! I am thankful for him.... he is awesome! We had a nice evening with steak and went to bed fairly early. Here is the finished deck! He painted the bench and lattice dark brown and the deck brick red. Looks awesome! Good job, baby!
Just Makoa today. I have to kid proof my house again. Did some already .... I know what he always goes for and shoudn't! Then the kids have one more softball game tonight at 7:30! I am excited... apparently Kingston Lumber Yard needed one more game and Karla jumped on the chance to play! ;D Usually she is not sure if she is coming back next year ... but they had SO much fun this year they don't want it to end!!!!

During a quiet time on the front deck I was studying about the ten commandments. I loved the verse that is talking about God writing the 10 commandments and it says "The tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God". I sat in awe. I knew it but just to read it again.... I found it amazing. I will write more today on my Devotions linked on the left of this post. http://joyceblackdevotions.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderful day in whatever you do and walk with the Lord. Life is sweeter that way!

3 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

It's been hot here too! But nice cool evenings and the leaves are already starting to turn! We've had several mights where it's gotten down to 50 degrees :? not sure how I feel about that LOL!
Hope you had a great day with Mr. Makoa!!! Love & hugs to you!!

Theresa said...

Love it that you went to Church and saw lots of friends! You are so good to your Mama and I know she is proud to have such a sweet and thoughtful daughter!

It is so hot here but was a little better today:) I am thankful for even a little cooler!

BEAUTIFUL deck, good job Papa!

Enjoy your evening my friend!

Julie said...

OH my lady...I just want to say I just tripled in respect for you with no A/C....What a woman...
woot. This year has been the hottest summer I can remember in years, and I think it is pretty much across the board... So KUDOS!!!
And tell your dear hubby that the deck looks outstanding!!! What a job. He gets the Endurance and Diligence Five Star Award in my book!!!
Hugs to you and Looking for cooler Autumn temps here too.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14