WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, August 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I can't believe Friday is finally here. I am going to try to change up and post in the evening tonight. I feel like I am always a day behind on my post! lol!

Yesterday was a busy day.... taking mom to doctors, etc. It's like a Mary thing all over.. but with my mama! We miss Mary so much!!!! I cry thinking about her. Mary was always the one who decided where to have lunch and i tell ya... mom and I can't make that decision!!!! Mary usually knew where she wanted to go before I even picked her up. And shopping is different because Mary knew exactly the brand and size she wanted of everything.... very picky. Mom just says I need some tuna. I ask "Tuna or albacore?" She says "Albacore". I ask "water or oil?" she gives me an exasperating look like I am bugging her with questions... and the says "water." I am just used to Mary being so specific. Mom wants what she wants too... she just doesn't tell me. I have to drag it out of her! And then gives me the look for asking so many questions!!! She drives me crazy! But I love her so much and I am cherishing these days with her... every moment is precious. I have learned through Lanny, Mary and others.... you never know how much time you have with someone so spend time with people you love! Especially grandparents and parents. Build up memories you can hold onto when they are gone.
Any way... on my way to moms... got stuck at the bridge. I can't really get mad.... not when it is Navy boats. The Navy is what keeps my husband and family members working! This is what went through and everyone was taking pictures and doing the touristy thing.Stopped to help Maddie with something on the computer but Karla decided Maddie isn't playing ToonTown any more. Her computer freezes up and she has to restart it when Maddie plays. She can't afford to have her computer crash. Good point. I have to agree. My computer does the same thing.

Picked up mom (who was sleeping and woke up crabby) and we grabbed a small bite to eat at Burger King drive thru and went to her doctor. We got there 15 minutes early but was taken to a room immediately. Waited there 30 minutes for Dr. Vasin. He doesn't like her blood work numbers... her kidneys aren't doing good but we already knew that....but he said she shouldn't be as tired as she is. She is not sleeping well at night. Maybe once that changes... she will... so we're working on that.
We got done about 2... her appt in the same office with the surgeon was scheduled for 1:45. Saw him at 3:30. Long wait. He was very happy with her arm and how it is coming along. That was about it. We were very glad we ate because it was 4:00 by the time we left.
We went out for taco's! Actually brought them to mom's after our walmart, pharmacy and albertson's stop.
They were really good. I NEVER go out for taco's. Papa makes great taco's... better than anyone.
After dinner I put her groceries away, refilled her pills, put Dr appts on her calender, and took her laundry home. She was a happy person.... but exhausted. I love my mom.

I write lots of detail because this is my journal too so I have this to look back on one day... like I can with my Mary days... and smile.

Papa is off today. Going grocery shopping. That is all. Hope you have a wonderful day. ;D

Julie asked me about Lance.... the marine in Afghanistan.... here is the link for the mother-in-law... wonderful blogger and sweet person in Iowa. I've only met her through blogging. http://greenacres4me.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great day spent with your Mama! You are lucky to have each other:) I am thankful that I knew you and remember the stories about Mary, your doctor's appts with her and eating out and shopping:) Memories are forever! I love your memory pics, precious!

Enjoy your day my friend, almost the weekend and I know how much you enjoy those! HUGS!

billypandnikkysmom said...

I had one of those days too yesterday & I was just too tired to blog! I missed all of you though! I think that I am a Mary, picky & I know what I want & I;m not shy about letting you know! Mom must be missing her, but it's goo to hear that she is getting out with you a bit! IT will keep her going! HOpe you got some rest! Loved seeign the Navy Ships, God Bless our Military! Love & big big hugs to you!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14