WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stage and sports....

Another beautiful morning in Washington! Everything is so bright and green this time of year! I love it!

Yesterday was a good day. Makoa and I had fun. I'm corrected... I will have Makoa back on the 24th.... I don't have to wait until June! lol! Lord willing anyway. Then I gave my bff Candice a ride to Les Schwab to get pick up her van. She had new brakes and some major work done on it. I am very sad. She is moving in just over a month! To the East Coast! She is a chaotic mess. We prayed together and the Lord answered. She was suppose to do this thing with the 5th Avenue Theater from June 10 nightly until the end of June. The lady that runs the theater called her on the way to pick up her van and it is cancelled. But the production liked her so much they want her to do it on Broadway when she gets there.... she said she can catch a train there and stay with her friend. What a relief! That took such a big load off her. She couldn't sell her house but she found renters through the military. She'll be losing money but she couldn't find any buyers. She has two kids to finish school.... a ballet production that Maddie is in the end of this month she is helping with, still teaching voice lessons, and still doing stuff for the 5th. Plus she is in a singing group of 3 girls that sing. She has always kept herself overloaded.... but the move and getting things fixed up has taken it to a new level for her. I will miss my Georgia Peach! Her husband was promoted to Commander at the Pentagon recently. He said he wants to move back her one day. Praying that is so. I doubt it. Here is a picture of her and one of her in the King and I on Broadway. I love my friend and we didn't hardly laugh at all yesterday. Normally that is all we do. I am sad. Yesterday was kind of a sad day for me.

Today we had plans to go to Jordy's game this morning, but when Brad tried to throw the ball with her and it still hurts to catch. So no tournaments for Jo this weekend. I didn't wake up until 8:00! Wow. We are doing a lot of cleaning today and papa is mowing the yard. Our neighbor, Rich, works at a lumber yard and he is going to bring boards for our deck to our house for us so Lanny is over there talking dollars and cents right now. It will be nice to have the boards replaced and the deck looking nice again. I'm also having Kevon measure to maybe build a gate for me to keep Toby on the front deck.... and Makoa. lol! I do need to take a break this afternoon and go to mom's and to Dylan's game. He plays against the best team in the world (exaggeration) and they are all psyched out. You know how those boys can be!

My picture of the day is Dylan and Maddie.... a year ago today! They were both in sports and both look cute as can be! Dylan looks about the same... except taller. Maddie has really changed! She has slimmed down so much! First grade.... where they're not home to eat and they are out exercising more. Look at that face tho.... I miss it. She is growing up!
Well.....Ardie Falk Thorson is my Facebook person of the day! She is very kind and always has nice comments and word of encouragement and I love it! She is also from NKHS! Next time we see each other at Walmart.... I expect a hug Ardie!

Great verse of the day..... if you are a born again Christian....accepted the Lord as your friend and Savior and accepted the gift of forgiveness and love He offers you... you will overcome the world and your new home is in Heaven! The verse goes on to say... "And who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." Amen!
And now I best get out there and get to cleaning. Papa is starting! Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Joyce, loved your post. Love your verses. Love your love for family and friends...feeling bad that you are losing one to this side of the world...(or U.S.) Hope you have a productive weekend. I am busy doing the SAME!!! cleaning out ...cleaning out....THROWING AWAY!!! Hoping against hope for a yard sale next weekend... HUGS!
Happy Mothers Day!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Well, your friend will be far away but never far from your heart...hey who knows maybe you can get youself out to the east coast & visit her...I've driven into NYC many many times....maybe one day we can meet & take in a play or do what i do best SHOP :) no better place to shop than NYC!!!!! Loved you pics, so happy that your little Makoa won't be gone too long.....well have a great day, Happy Mother's DAy!!!! Blessings & hugs!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14