WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Such A Pretty World Today!

Does anyone know the song that goes "It's such a pretty world today look at the sunshine". Eddy Arnold (one of Papa's mamas favorite singers of all) sang the song. It goes :

It's such a pretty world today look at the sunshine
And every day's the same since I met you
It's such a pretty world today knowing that you're mine
And happiness is being close to you.

That is the song I woke up singing this morning! I posted the song on Facebook but couldn't do it here. I have Wynn Stewart singing it... he made it famous first. But I like Eddy Arnold. Here is the link in case you want to hear the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=SYmaUSLMtf8

I guess you have to be pretty old or have a mama that played lots of music in her home like we did. I love old country! Can you tell?

Yesterday my mama and I had a great time. We went to Walmart and shopped. Then ran to my house to drop off the freezer stuff. Then to her place to drop off her groceries. Then to the Diner in Poulsbo for lunch. Mom lived around here for over 40 years... it was her first time to The Diner. It was fun watching her look around at this old little hole in the wall. The place has 3 booths and maybe 8 stools at the counter. That's all. But it has been around for ever! Our food was good and it has new owners. I needed to use the restroom and had to go through the kitchen, through the pantry, and outside to find the bathroom door in the back of the building! It was a riot. This little town cafe still standing while the rest of the town is growing and getting all touristy and stuff. We had fun.
I came home and changed my clothes and went off to Lauren's game. She did great! Here she is playing first and then she just ran to first. She loves her first base coach... the tall dude. They always tease each other.Then to Walmart to get deck paint and stuff and off to Dylan's game! Here he is throwing the ball in... we lost by two points. That other team was really good. They kept Dylan benched the first two innings of our game and two balls got by the right fielder (where Dylan should have been) and that cost us some major runs! They were winning 6-0 off the bat. I don't know why they sit him out. Makes me mad. I always feel that way.

I love it when the sun is out! Great day! Well, my usb port for my f-drive isn't working right so I need to get that fixed this morning before I can post any pictures.... so I will share later. I could post these 3 pics because they were on my camera not my computer.

Well.... I guess that will be it for me til I fix this.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Joyce! You are so good to your Momma! I will take my Momma to diners one day! You are also a great Mam! You are involved just like my Mom is. Your grandkids will always remember you being there! Have a great day! Been shopping lately?? Thanks for posting about me on Facebook! Talk with you soon!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Hmmmmm.......I'd love to spend a day with you & your mom :) we'd go all about the town, here & there and then home for a delicious home-cooked meal ~ MMMMMM!!!!! Loved you post, the whales were just BEAUTIFUL, such beautiful creatures...thanks for sharing your day with us...Blessings & love to you!!

Theresa said...

Hi there sweet friend! Sounds like you had a busy day like I did:) I just love that sweet smile on your Mama's pretty face! She is an angel and you are the best daughter to spend so much time with her! Cherish these moments and I know you do!

Hey, I do remember that song and sing it a lot:)

Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

Cindy Lou said...

Enjoyed this post!! I am so glad you are spending so much time with you mama!! They are so special and just enjoy every moment you have with her!!

You are such a good Mam!!! Those grandkids are so lucky to have you!! Enjoy your day!! Blessings from Georgia...xoxo!!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14