WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, May 28, 2010

ANDREW'S DEVOTION


Luke 5:27-32 (New International Version)

The Calling of Levi
27After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, 28and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

29Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

31Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

ANDREW: "What Jesus is saying is in every way true. Since we have already taken Christ into our hearts, it is not we who need the help most of all. But it is the people around us who have not gotten to know the Lord yet. We are here to spread the Word of God, not to be given what we already have."

added later: Okay, I kinda made the devotional sound a little like Christians don't need more of Christ. We definitely do!!!! But what I was trying to say was that people who aren't Christians need Christ more than people who are Christians. I took that off from what Jesus said. He didn't come for the healthy, but for the sick. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Joyce...I saw that Art had passed away..I remember watching those shows. They were the BEST!!!
I love the clip you put at the top. Thanks so much for including it. And I watched the Bill Cosby show that was patterned after Arts, too! I love his quote on your post.
Hoping you have a great and wonderful Memorial Day weekend..
Hugs to you!

Theresa said...

Art and now Gary Coleman too:( Both funny fellas for sure! Home you have a wonderful long Memorial day weekend my friend! Hugs to you!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14