WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer fun and the beach!

We had so much fun yesterday! Karla brought the kids over early so we got the whole day together! And today because I take them to the game tonight and give them back!
Papa filled the pool in the back yard. That is where Lauren and Maddie went first. They played and had fun together all day! After lunch we went down to the beach. Maddie said it was the best time she ever had at the beach. It was so warm and beautiful!
The girls made a sand castle.... but it is pretty tough when the waves wash it away!

Dylan tried one too. He even tried to build a moat around it. The video at the bottom shows how even Toby got into the action!!!

Dylan found more seaglass.



Playing with Toby

Lauren trying to bury herself in sand!


Toby runs out to see if she is ok in the big waves.

Maddie is a bit sandy!

They love finding weird shells.





at the pool....
It seems like musical swimsuits but the pictures above were taken before we went to the beach.... the one below was after. They thought they were so funny by stuffing Maddie's swimsuit with balls. kids are weird.

I love these pictures of Dylan and Maddie. Dylan looks SO OLD here! And so handsome! And Maddie is trying to see the shutter inside my camera close when we take the picture. She looks so pretty.
Ok.... here they are fighting over me.....
until they get carried away!!!!
Then Dylan jumps into the picture!
Such a fun day! Make sure you watch the video. It captures the day! Just watch the volume because my big mouth is yapping as usual.




We stayed a long time at the beach and came home and made lasagna and Texas toast for dinner. The kids really worked up an appetite because they each had several helpings! We played Farkel. That was lots of fun. Dylan won.... barely, I might add.

Papa came home in a better mood. Finally found out why he is so crabby... he hates being in the sporting goods department. What he hates is anything computerized like the cash register, selling fishing licenses etc.... He talked to his Toy Dept boss and she said she was going to try to get him back in toys because he is needed there. That made him feel better. He hates being moved out of his comfort zone.

Mom has an ear infection so please pray for her. Mr. Morrison is sure happy to have her home. He likes just the two of them. That is where he is really happy. They really missed each other. Instead of sleeping at her feet he slept right next to her. She didn't sleep as well because of it, but she loved it.

All my grand kids are so funny. I've noticed what is mine is theirs when they speak. Example.... "Mam, where did we get that wind chime?" "Mam, our house needs painting." Me casa.... their casa. They have always thought that way. They know their home but it is nice that they feel comfortable enough to feel at home here. I wish I had a grandma's house growing up like this one! I wish I had a grandma too!

Hope you all have a good day! It's going to be hotter today than yesterday!

3 - Day Forecast:

Fri
Sunny
87

Sat
Partly Cloudy
80

Sun
Mostly Cloudy
74

3 comments:

Tracychele said...

Well, now I have heard you talk! Kindof when you put a face to a name you have heard forever! I put a voice to a face and name! the beach is really pretty and the kids look like they had a great time. I hope your Mom feels better soon and I, too, wish I had my "MawMaw" (that is Ganky and Cindy's Mom). Thanks, too for the kind words for my little Alex on my blog. She is doing much better every day! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Denise said...

Don't gloat about the weather!It's going to be 100 today and 98 tomorrow!! WAY TOOO HOT!! I got sick yesterday becasue of it.Never did cool down overnight much so I was dehydrated despite all the water and whatnot I drank.One of the many things I hate about over here.}( But it is wonderful you're grandkids will always have theses memories.They'll all be closer for it too.^_^ ATTA MAM!!

Theresa said...

Hi Friend! Cute pictures, beautiful water and love those kids playing with Toby. I hope your Mom feels better soon! Have a wonderful weekend! Love to all!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14