WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is it hot enough for you?

Is it hot enough for you? I love it. What are you doing to stay cool?

So I had to explain to my darling husband I don't want to die by fire. Yesterday morning he thought he was plugging in the can opener (or so he says) and he plugged in the waffle iron. There were some hamburger buns sitting on the waffle iron. I didn't notice it until I went to find something to eat about 7 hours later!!!! It was a mess. Papa is determined to get it off. We'll see. If anyone can figure it out, it would be him.


May have found a part time job. I go check it out this morning. Pray for me.

I moved some pictures and a mirror yesterday. Baked some chicken early in the day. Talked to Karla.... she is sick with the flu but feeling a bit better now. Talked to Kevon for some affirmation. That was about it. Oh, and of course my mom. I call her every day.

My feelings were so hurt last week.... and I am having such a hard time getting over this one. I am trying but it is so difficult. I may be overly sensitive.... people accuse me of this all the time.... but I was surprised, hurt and shocked by what this person said. Please pray I can let this go and forgive. I haven't said anything to the person yet. Not sure if I should just let it go. Mom always said "pick your battle... they are not all worth fighting."

I watched the Dog Whisperer and cried like a baby! It was about a dog that was so afraid of everything!!! I felt so sorry for her. She had greyhound in her. Sweet dog called "Baby Girl". Watched the bachelorette finale. I don't know why. I really didn't care who she picked. Just wasted two hours last night. When I went to bed at 11:30.... Steve Pool said it was 83 degrees out still. Unheard of here. Mom said my brothers little chihuahua had a "heat episode" and the vet told him to keep her feet in cool water and keep her out of the sun. Don't forget about your pets!!!! Hope you are finding ways to stay cool. It is pretty nice at my house....7 fans and a breeze from the beach helps and I've been keeping it cool inside. Have a great day.... God bless!

Weather To Expect:We are in the midst of a historic heat wave here in Western Washington. Temperatures are soaring well into the 90s across most areas around the sound today. Seattle is looking at a high temperature of 97 degrees. That would tie the record high for this date.
The hottest temperatures this week will arrive on Wednesday. Seattle is expected to top out around the triple digit mark. 100 degrees is the all time record high at Sea-Tac Airport, and we are expecting to tie that temperature on Wednesday.
Thursday and Friday temperatures hold in the mid to low 90s with plenty of sun.

Here are five unusual ways to use this incredibly versatile plant:

  1. Deter bugs in your garden. Plant garlic cloves as a barrier to control aphids. Push a clove into the soil of your houseplants.
  2. Oil of cloves provides temporary relief from toothaches. Here's how to make your own.
  3. Rub crushed garlic on your skin to repel ticks. Some say it deters mosquitoes, too.
  4. Eat foods heavy in garlic to speed the recovery of a cold.
  5. Chew garlic for stamina and courage (or so the Greeks and Romans believed).

For an "old stubborn pain in the back," apply garlic and hog's lard to the feet.
–John Wesley (1703–91)



Using Garlic

• Don’t peel garlic cloves before pressing (to save time and make cleaning the garlic press easier).
• Cut off any green on a garlic clove—it’s bitter.
• Store garlic at room temperature and far away from light, in a container with air holes. Don’t refrigerate.
• If you grow your own garlic, snip a few inches of the green tops and add to salads for subtle flavor.
• To roast garlic, place an entire head on a square of foil, drizzle with olive oil, wrap up, and bake at 350°F for 1 hour, until soft. Squeeze softened cloves onto crackers or bread.
• Garlic is delicious on a roast beef sandwich.


Here is my History Photo taken 7-28-04 of Riley, Lauren and Maddie!!!! They were 1.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Hey Friend! Stay cool and try to reverse your hurt feelings. Don't know the situation but most of the time the person who did the hurting didn't know they hurt them. You could say "I love you anyway but this hurt my feelings" or something like that. Sometimes it is good to get it off your chest:) Love to all up there and we wish you could join us at our family swim. Trust me none of us are swimsuit models. Everyone is looking at the cute kids and not us old broads. Have a blessed day whatever you do!

Tracychele said...

Hi Joyce! I am with Mom. You just say "Maybe I took it wrong or you said it wrong, but here is how it made me feel". You just have to tell them that you would want to know if you had hurt them so you could make it right. Hope it works out! That was a really cute picture of the little ones! I love old pics! Anyway, have a wonderful day! By the way, Austin loves wrestling! He was really into it and has backed off a bit, but Friday Night Raw was his show! (I think that is what it was called).

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that Bob & I think you are the best person there is, and we love you.
Linda

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14