WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!
This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...
family...
My Pages
Month
Monday, August 10, 2009
What can I do????
I am sitting here crying. This is crazy. My cat makes me crazy! She was crying at the door and I looked out and she had a bird in her mouth! I yelled "no". Then I heard her messing with it and chasing it around the deck... which meant it was still alive. I paced about 15 seconds and thought "heck no!" I looked out and she was laying there while the bird was on it's back panting and it's foot moving. It was still alive. So I opened the door and it flipped over and hopped off the deck! But Punkin hopped after it!!!! I called her.... she didn't listen. I watched the bird try to fly away... punkin stopping it. It hopped across the street... punkin was ruthless.... only letting it get so far. Meanwhile this crazy lady (me) is in her nightgown yelling and calling for her cat. Birds are dive bombing punkin trying to save their friend or family member. I run in the house and got the bag of catfood. The bird hopped in the bushes.... I started shaking the bag. It worked!!!! She came running to the deck and I got her inside. I am shaking, upset, and hoping that bird will live. I know it is punkin's instinct but i hate it. I want to put a bell on her.... but after watching our one cat hanging from our chainlink fence years ago (Sissy lived) I hate to put collars on cats. What to do.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(683)
-
▼
August
(38)
- Marriage and stuff
- Ma, blackberries, and grandkids!
- yada, yada, yada.... feelings and stuff!
- I love.....
- Let's go to the movies.... let's go see the stars!
- Joy... cleaning bathrooms
- Birds and camp....
- Into links today!
- blackberries and buddies.....
- Mystery girl....
- just this and that
- breakfast, birthdays, Big Brother
- romance, dumbness, seriousness, all in one blog!
- tomato stuff.... for lack of anything else! lol
- boring blog today....
- family reunion time
- Just a post....
- A visit to Belfair....
- Max Lucado... one of my favorite authors!
- great day... yesterday and today!!!!
- backs & cleaning, weekends & movies....
- pray for others...
- quick joke that make me laugh....
- What can I do????
- another monday.... thank you Lord!
- Reeses cake ..... I had to post!
- Happy birthday Jay and others....
- vbs and stuff...
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRAD & TARA!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!!!
- If I could rule the world....
- Why isn't my camera out?
- quick post...
- cold today!!!!
- HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!!!
- birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays.....
- was a lazy saturday.... ahhhhh :D
- another day at the beach... tgif!
-
▼
August
(38)
Total Pageviews
Thanks for stopping by!
4 comments:
Oh Joyce, I am sending you a big hug for being upset. I know how much you love Punkin. Hopefully the bird made it to a sanctuary and will be just fine! Love to all!
I remember hearing that cats think they are pleasing you by bringing you "gifts". I guess the cat is showing its love to you. Ironic when they do that, you just want to kill them (temporarily, of course). I bet the bird was fine. Hope the rest of your day gets better!
Before my cat got too old to chase things, she'd always bring us special "treats" and leave them right at the door. They think they're doing something good and having fun at the same time. Not much you can do about that.
Luckily, our cat is to fat and lazy to chase anything. Poor fella can't even climb a tree he's so out of shape. He sits and watches them from the window.
Karen
Post a Comment