WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, June 26, 2009

Emotional day

Goodbye Farrah.... what a beautiful woman. The most popular poster of all time. She certainly fought to live. And lived life to the fullest. I will miss that smile.


Yesterday was a very depressing day for me. The deaths, no grandkids, and I hate paydays. I can't stand them. I look forward to them until they arrive. Then it stinks. A friend suggested I try for disability from Social Security. I know it is really difficult to get and normally I get angry when I see people frolicking playfully who shouldn't get it but does! But I have many issues which disrupt my whole life! Every day I have severe back pain. I've been crippled in bed for weeks at a time. Now the pain is more frequent. It is hard to even walk the distance to Jordy's games without being in pain when I get there. Walking more than 2 blocks without something to hold onto kills me. I can't stand in one place for more than 10 minutes or I am feeling it! I can't sit very long at the computer without feeling it in my neck, shoulders, back, hands, legs, and I get headaches and dizziness. If I lift anything over 10 pounds I get pain and shock waves down my legs. I lifted Toby into Joel's truck and wanted to scream. I don't let people see how I am really feeling because I think they are sick of my back problems and think I "just need to lose weight". Sure... that wouldn't hurt... but it goes deeper than that. I've had an MRI and had herniated discs. I think I have arthritis in my back. I made the mistake of letting Dr Stocker work on my back 3 or 4 times a week when I worked for him over 7 years. I don't think that was a good thing. Enough complaining or explaining. I am trying for it and see if it happens. G0d isn't giving me a job. I know I am so limited. And I wish people wouldn't respond to this like I am signing up for welfare. That's how I feel when I say anything... except my mama. She gets it. So it took almost all day off and on to fill them out. They wanted to know who I've seen and dates. I've been to 5 chiropractors, several doctors, emergency room, to a massage therapist, physical therapist, even acupuncture! That wasn't easy remembering the past 20 years.

The highlight of my night was Amanda asking me over for dinner. It was so good! Chicken, rice and stir fry. Parker wasn't thrilled with it but he did ok. Uncle Ryan snuck his veggies off so he didn't have to eat those. lol! After dinner Amanda, Andrew, Lauren and I played a game of Sequence and be-bopped to Michael Jackson songs. The kids got to spend the night! Then they all go to Ephrata for awhile. :( I will miss all 3!

Speaking of which.... sad week.... losing Ed McMahon, Farrah, and Michael. Karla really summed up the feelings better than I could on her blog. Check it out.

Last night papa and i went to bed and, as usual, as I was reading Eclipse.... papa snuggled up to me and Toby had Papa's side of the bed and that's how they fell asleep. I shut out the light and feared I would fall off the bed if I fell asleep! Papa doesn't sleep well and I didn't want to disturb him since he was finally cutting zzzz's. I slid (or fell) out of bed and came out to the living room. Lauren was asleep but the boys were still on the computer. I sat on the couch... punkin thought i looked comfortable so she walked down my chest and cuddled up. This is when Andrew took our picture.night night mam and punkin..... Andrew would not go to bed until I was covered up and laying on the couch. I slept there til 4 am! Papa was in his chair. Went back to bed and later he followed. Woke up on the edge of the bed with papa and Toby taking up the bed. Just like when I went to bed! Papa says "Toby has to have his room!" We need a King size bed!!! Or go back to Lucy and Ricky days!

Papa just told me what Wilber is doing... clever idea! He is putting potatoes in a garbage can.... adding dirt.... and continuing the pattern. When they are ready to harvest he tips the can over and gets his potatoes! How clever is that? And bugs can't get to them! I am so impressed! We want to do it!

Well... busy day today. We have to go to mom's to say goodbye to Lorraine, go to the bank, Papa has an appointment with his cardiologist he HAS to go to... no more postponing! Then he has to work this afternoon.

Papa is talking to the tv. "What the heck is that??? The Jackson family attorney told the family one day Michael would wake up dead. What kind of attorney is that? Doesn't he know you don't wake up when your dead?"
Well..... hope you all enjoy your day! Thanks for all your comments by my Georgia girls!!!! Love you, too!

Weather Forecast:
As high pressure builds sunny skies return today and tomorrow. Highs in the lower 70s today, 75 to 80 Saturday.
Expect a few sprinkles early Sunday morning, otherwise dry but mostly cloudy the rest of the day and Monday as highs cool to around 70.
Mostly sunny Tuesday, and low 70s.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce: social security benefits are something you paid for when you were able to work. They are not a hand out! You have serious disability issues and need the benefits now. If anyone knows how back pain can disble it is Bob, and it does make it impossible for some people to work. Do not feel bad if some people are not able to understand that. That is their problem not yours! I will pray for you to get the benefits you deserve. Linda

Theresa said...

I'm with Linda! It certainly doesn't hurt to try! I know from family members how bad back pain can be. We all love you in Georgia and want you to feel better.

Cindy Lou said...

It was an emotional day but the media is going to run us crazy with it! I agree, it never hurts to try! At the worst all they can do is say "NO" and would you really be out anything!! So I say from all of us here in Georgia..Just give it a try! We love you and want you to get to feeling better and if you move here you may have a better chance!! Who knows!! Another one of those just give it a try things!!lol! ;0)

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14