WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, October 20, 2008

more sad news, we voted, sports.....

Monday, Monday. I'm kinda liking Monday's. I have all day to clean today and papa is home tonight. That is nice. I have so much making up to do from last week! I wasn't home much....spent most of my time at mom's. Talked to Lois last night....they are doing ok. Every day gets just a little bit easier. Everyone knows now...he finished telling his family. Hey, if any of you have a copy of last Friday's Kitsap Sun could you save it for me? By the time I got to Striebels they were out and I would like to save a copy of Donny's obituary for Don and Lois. Got tragic news yesterday morning. Remember my friend, Brenda, who worked the fundraiser (she is Ron and Sharon's daughter in law).....her sister, Sabrina (used to be Salo), had a house fire in Graham and all 3 stepdaughters perished. So sad. My heart aches for this family and of course we're praying for them. Dave & Celene (friends) Salo are the grandparents. I can't imagine.

Well, we voted yesterday. We were reading the pamphlet and got online to make informed decisions. Lanny just isn't patient.....so it was a bit difficult. I think we made the right choices. I don't talk politics on this site....but I can Karla's because she is more than vocal. love it. She's a smart girl and really researches. Plus we agree. I watched Saturday night live with Sarah Palin in it....I thought it was funny!

Oh...the incident Andrew saved me from where I was crying on Friday? I so over-reacted to Meghan's dog not letting me up their stairs to let them out and feed them. I was suppose to care for their dogs while they were gone (which I didn't want to announce) and Abbie growled, lowered her head, and wouldn't let me past the gate at the top of the stairs! It was scary and terrible. Amanda sent Andrew up... he walked right up there and took care of the dogs. She didn't even bark at him! But then again, he took care of her while they were in Jamaica so she knows Andrew. I can't believe how I lost it, though. Mom said it was probably built up from the week and I had just left mom's house from saying goodbye to Don, Lois and Denise. Emotional week. Anyway....that's the story I couldn't tell. Thank you Andrew!!!! And thank you Amanda!!!!

Did some cleaning yesterday, made an apple crisp and a turkey dinner. It was good and smelled so good. Was a very quiet and lonely weekend....no phone calls (except Dylan about the Red Sox), no visitors (except Ryan and Adam stopped by to borrow a Nintendo paddle). Poor Dylan...his team is out of the playoffs. Oh well....Seahawks aren't doing well either. Jim Zorn's team is winning though....glad for him as head coach of Redskins! And Heather had a wonderful birthday...which I am very thankful for!

That's all folks! Have a great day and walk with God....life is a bit easier that way!

Today: Morning rain, then afternoon showers. Highs hit the mid 50s. Breezy, with southerlies 10-20 mph.
Tonight: A chance of evening showers. Lows in the upper 30s to mid 40s.
Tuesday and Wednesday: Some morning fog then afternoon sun. Highs in the 50s.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Highs in the lower 50s.
Saturday Through Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14