WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, January 15, 2010

Wow... 10 years ago today?

Some of you may not know this.... but when Y2K happened the only thing that really shut down that night was my dad. We almost lost him but the good Lord decided to give us another 4 years with him! By this day when the pictures were taken (1-15-00) he was out of the woods and breathing on his own. I don't know if we saw it as a reason to celebrate... if we were celebrating Kevon's birthday and mom & dad's anniversary or what. My Aunt Lorraine was here from South Dakota and my brother Doug. We seriously were ready to plan a funeral! But we all had a big Spaghetti dinner and cake instead! Thank you, Lord! Ten years ago today... so hard to believe how fast time flies. I will try to tell you who they all are in the pics:

This is Alyssa (David's girl), Dylan, Parker, Jordy and Andrew (don't know what is his problem). Notice the mom's took their shirts off so they didn't get spaghetti on them? They've stopped that now.
Here is Patrick (or Chuck Butt as he was called)... he was only 7 months old.Tara serving her grandma cake.
My girls.... Amanda, Tara, Karla and Heather!
Handsome guys! Joel (Karla's husband), Don (Lois's husband), Kevon, bros David,
Front is bros Doug on Lanny's lap and Brad (Tara's husband) (Ryan was working)
Wow.... couches were sis Lois, Mom, Aunt Lorraine, friend Virginia and Denise (Lois's daughter)
Sitting.... Annette (David's ex) with Jessica, me, Alyssa, Amanda, Tara with Jordan, Karla, Heather!
Andrew with my Boogie. He still has it! Somehow he kidnapped it years ago. In high school my friend Shuree made it for me and I've kept it all these years! (which aren't that many....lol!!!)

I took my tree down. Made me sad. I have most of the decorations down except the den and lights I cannot reach without a ladder. Kind of like Heather with ladders. Not comfortable. Then Papa and I were catching up on recorded shows we have and a Christmas commercial came on! He said "Where's our tree???" lol!

Listening to the rain. Yuk. Taking mom to Burger King for a breakfast sandwich (she newly discovered and loves) and then to drop off her application! She is excited! Then she has a hair appointment. I'm also cleaning and trying to figure out a way to reach those decorations without Andrew or a ladder. hmmm

That is about all I got for you today. Short and sweet. The video was taken last March and I probably posted it before but I love it!


Weather to Expect:
Steady and heavy rain at times throughout your Friday.
The unsettled weather will continue for the upcoming weekend.
The driest time this weekend looks to be Saturday morning before showers return during the afternoon and evening.
Sunday stays wet with breezy conditions.
Showers will continue into early next week with wind at times.
blah... blah.... blah....

2 comments:

billypandnikkysmom said...

Oh, I loved that pic of those kiddos having their spaghetti dinner!!! So cute, I love all of your old pictures, thanks so much for sharing!!

Theresa said...

WOW, warms my heart to know that your Dad was almost gone... but NO, not yet! Sweet to get to have him for many more years. I love the pictures and of course the video of those sweeties! They are sooooo cute! Love to all and have a blessed weekend! Hey, tell your MOM, I love the Burger King croissant sandwich. YUMMY!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14